"unique" situation...transfer fail?

<p>it might not be that unique, but you be the judge of that.</p>

<p>-going into freshman year with the intention of transferring.
-HS gpa 3.2, SAT 1440/2400.</p>

<p>-hypothetically...i conjure up a fantastic essay, 1500+ SAT
-say i pull a 3.5 at least at my current college. </p>

<p>-can I get into BU/GWU/American/Macalester/Tufts (reach)?
-i applied ED I/appeal for gwu as a senior.</p>

<p>-HERE'S THE UNIQUE SITUATION: i literally almost failed AP Gov senior year, but i REALLY want to pursue global affairs. i don't think that class is in any way a good representation of my work ethic. in fact i was doing fine in everything else EXCEPT that. i'm currently majoring in economics bc that is the closest thing to international relations at my college, so i figured some of that would transfer. so:</p>

<p>SHOULD I APPLY AS A TRANSFER AFTER TWO YEARS OR ONE, GIVEN MY TERRIBLE HS RECORD?
SHOULD I APPLY WITH INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AS MY INTENDED MAJOR, GIVEN THE FACT THAT THEY WILL LOOK AT MY D IN AP GOV?</p>

<p>OR in other words, what GPA/SAT should I aim for AT LEAST at my current college to get into each of these schools?</p>

<p>apply after 2 years and they don't really care about APs and they're not going to scrutinize your HS transcript once you have some solid college work done</p>

<p>ironicallyunsure, did you transfer to cornell or did you get in as a freshman?</p>

<p>ugggh. i really don't want to stay at my college this fall. at first i was planning on staying for only a semester, but then i realized how unrealistic that is, so i planned to tough it out for a year. </p>

<p>but if i have to stay for two years, missing out on college life at a college i actually want to go to, and missing out on courses i want to take pertaining to international relations, that would really, really suck.</p>

<p>any ideas on what GPA/SAT/ACT score to aim for for transferring into SOPHOMORE year?</p>

<p>i was a transfer; i started spring '10.</p>

<p>well you can transfer out as a soph, just don't expect love from top schools (ie, tufts, maybe gw and bu). you can try squeezing in some summer/winter classes to have as many credits as possible</p>

<p>i see. if you don't mind, what school did you transfer from/GPA?
and what major? thanks!</p>

<p>Also, are there many international transfer students at cornell?</p>

<p>suny stony brook with ~3.5 (but believe me when i say i'm not the typical applicant) and 74 credits. i'm a human development major in human ecology. there are internationals, but not too many international transfers. the ones that do get in as transfers don't get aid, so be prepared to pay full fare</p>