university of alabama Tuscaloosa vs huntsville vs birmingham

<p>Hi </p>

<p>university of alabama Tuscaloosa vs huntsville vs birmingham</p>

<p>I want to go into enginnering but also want to have social life and take music lessons and join acapella or some sort of singing groups. </p>

<p>I’ve heard that huntsville is best out of the three for engineering but is a commuter college so no one will be there on the weekends. </p>

<p>I also don’t want to be too small of a minority, and collegeboard’s student body stats are:
Tuscaloosa - 1% asian Birmingham - 4% asian Huntsville - 3% asian</p>

<p>any thoughts?</p>

<p>thank you. </p>

<p>My ACT stats:
34 english 32 math 31 reading 24 science</p>

<p>Apply to all of them right now because some have big merit scholarships the you probably qualify for, but the cut-off dates are coming up soon. Then once you are in and have a better sense if the potential costs, go visit each of them. You might find that there is a clear winner.</p>

<p>Even though Alabama’s Asian American numbers are low, the Asian students on campus are largely concentrated in STEM majors, so their presence will seem larger. Plus, the int’l Asian students aren’t counted in those numbers. </p>

<p>Alabama’s Asian numbers have increased…and again, int’l students ethnicities aren’t included in ethnic counts and Bama enrolls a lot of int’ls from Asian and South American countries.</p>

<p>these are the newest numbers released:</p>

<p>58 percent come from Alabama
38 percent come from elsewhere in the United States
(55% of freshman come from OOS)</p>

<p>4 percent are international students from 68 countries
28 percent of undergraduates belong to sororities or fraternities
55 percent are women
13 percent are African-American
3 percent are Hispanic-American
2 percent are Asian-American
28 percent major in arts and sciences
21 percent major in business
9 percent major in communication
9 percent major in education
12 percent major in engineering
10 percent major in human environmental sciences
2 percent major in law
6 percent major in nursing
2 percent major in social work</p>

<p>Alabama’s College of Engineering is ranked higher than UAH or UAB. Plus, Bama has the brand new mega-sized Science and Engineering Complex.</p>

<p>I live near UAH, and yes, it is largely a commuter/suitcase school. UAB is as well. Alabama is a residential university. </p>

<p>Alabama’s scholarship app deadline is Dec 1st, so get the school and scholarship apps in ASAP…no essays, no teacher recs…both quick and easy to do.</p>

<p>You have a 30 composite, so when you apply, select eng’g…that way you’ll get free tuition PLUS 2500 per year. Total Value of scholarships is about $100k.</p>

<p>Alabama also has a very good College of Music
<a href=“http://music.ua.edu/[/url]”>http://music.ua.edu/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Go to the Bama forum for more info
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>thank you
I’m on the scholarship page and i’m wondering if I should wait another two days until my SAT scores come out. If I have a better score on that than my ACT (composite 30) I would qualify for more scholarships right? Is that something I can update after I turn in my scholarship application? And Also I can’t find the “college of engineering” box that I can check off. There is only “college of arts and science”, “culverhouse college of commerce and business administration”, and “college of education”. Am I doing something wrong?</p>