University of California Santa Barbara vs University of California Irvine vs The Ohio State Univ.

Hi all!

I have narrowed my college search down to 3 colleges and would like some input as to what college would be best for me. I am a CA Bay Area resident and am looking to become either an actuary or a financial analyst down the road. I was wondering which school to choose based on the following majors and total cost of attendances per year listed below:
The Ohio State University(Actuarial Science)- $31k/year(got a scholarship)
University of California Santa Barbara(Actuarial Science)- $35k/year
University of California Irvine(Business Administration)-$31k/year
I have a slight preference towards staying in California for the time being but would really like to eventually live in either the Bay Area, Seattle, or East Coast cities like Boston, Philadephia, or Miami. I’ve also lived in the Midwest for most of my life so I wouldn’t have a problem with the environment. I visited all three campuses and I feel that they all fit me pretty well. Ultimately, I’m looking for a college with good academic prestige and good networking opportunities that isn’t very tough.

Thanks for your input!

Actuarial prep needs a lot more math and stat than business majors usually take. It does not require any specific major, though.

Interesting…my son interests are similar and coincidentally got into UCSB, UCI, and OSU as you did. Finally, decided to stay back in California and go to UCI. I think…he had a tough time to make the selection. I am glad that May 1st is here and we can get on with our lives :slight_smile:
Good luck to you!