University of California Undergrad Admissions

<p>What are my chances of getting into UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Los Angeles, UC San Diego, UC Berkeley with
-3.7 weighted UC GPA
-2000 (maybe a little more) SAT
- 700+ on both SAT Subject tests (one will be math, the other science)
- black belt
-working two jobs since freshman year
-volunteering over 100+ hours at a hospital
- 300+ hours of community service
- co president of Habitat for Humanity</p>

<p>Any other advice for college admissions would help as well!</p>

<p>If anyone could talk about their own personal experiences with the UC admissions, that would be great too</p>

<p>I think you need to be waaaay more detailed with your app. If those are the only EC's you can think of, then it's not looking too good for you. Anyways, how many AP's? Unweighted GPA? Breakdown of SAT scores? Eitherway, I'm going to go ahead and say Berkeley is way out of range, even for an instater like you. A 2000 SAT and 3.7 just doesnt compare to the super smart kids who apply there. However, I would say that UCLA and UCSD are all good, realistic schools for an instater. That being said, I can't say much more without a detailed app. Irvine and Davis should be easy to get into</p>

<p>I would put UCB as a no way and UCLA as a reach with what you have given. Im not familiar with the other UC branches, but they don't look that bad.</p>

<p>Your GPA is low for all, which have an average of 4.0-4.2, but you score is high for UCI and UCD, so those seem like possibilities.</p>

<p>In terms of SATs, if we're looking at 660-670 for each subsection (judging by your 2000 superscore)... well, take a look for yourself
UC</a> Berkeley Profile - SAT Scores and Admissions Data for UC Berkeley</p>

<p>Is that your weighted GPA?</p>

<p>Actually, in state students have lower chances of being accepted in comparison to out of state ones because of the state debt. UCLA would be very hard to get into with that few of EC's. Same applies to Cal. It would greatly help if you could get your SAT higher. So far, the trend is that less and less in state students are being accepted, as well as a lower overall admit rate. Apply anyways. If you feel like you MUST go to a UC, you can always petition for a letter of appeal. My friend got denied to a majority of the UC's, but after a single letter of appeal, got accepted into UCSB. She would have most likely been accepted into UCSD, UCI and UCD as well if she had applied.</p>

<p>Berkeley is right out. You might want to go a Cal State to beef up your resume and take advantage of a transfer articulation agreement.</p>

<p>yeah thats my weighted gpa.. i know it's terrible but I thought the extra curricular make up for that, sort of. i've also taken courses at community colleges, so that can only help. Also, what other extra curriculars should i be involved in. i thought extra curriculars would be high point</p>

<p>what other ECs would help?
I've also been on cross country for 3 years</p>

<p>i can't even think of any other extra curriculars i would do, I have four already listed (do jobs count as ECs?)</p>

<p>if your jobs are continuous then that is a big deal, because they take a lot of time, and that gives a reason why ur other ec's aren't as stellar. however ur ec's aren't bad, they're just average.</p>

<p>are you still doing karate? because it seems you are doing activities for a long time and more devoted in comparison to many with a lot of ec's but it often does not look dedicated.</p>

<p>i have been doing karate for ten years and worked for 3 years in two different jobs.<br>
my ecs should be greater than average because everything else isn't that great... i'm also part of debate club and science club but what other extra curriculars would be good for me to do</p>

<p>UCs are not like private colleges in the level of holistic admissions in which ECs matter. With below average stats, there's little chance. Focus on UCI, UCD, UCSC, UCSB and even throw in UCR.</p>