Anyone know the stats of rejections and deferrals for early action? Mostly rejections? Mostly deferrals? Could anyone tell from last year’s thread?
@HasheemThabeet I wish! But probably not 
Hey guys can someone please help me out? So I applied on October 31 but Canelink says that my application was completed on November 3, So I’m kinda freaking out that my application was classified as a Regular Decision application. Also I have some outstanding financial aid documents that I haven’t completed yet. I haven’t heard back yet but a lot of my friends heard back today so I don’t know what’s going on. Also i have a green dot if that makes any difference. Thanks.
Has anyone got in with an undecided major? I applied undecided arts and sciences and have the green dot. Any correlation…?
@Questionscollege I applied undeclared communications, green dot, still waiting
No. Your best chance is to apply for financial aid.
@ZaydAli mine says the same thing. I’m not worried we are RD though because my email thanked me for applying early action
My D was accepted but got no scholarship either, and has very competitive stats/EC’s etc. Merit scholarships are very subjective, bottom line. No rhyme or reason. So far some universities have really liked D’s app and responded with generous merit scholarships, others like U of M, not so much. It was one reason D applied to a dozen universities. She will let U of M know that she will not be attending, so they can make room for another student that wants to attend. For her, no merit was equal to a rejection as we just can’t justify spending 60K + a year on a college education.
@questionscollege someone upthread got in undecided last night
It is not just GPA and test scores. In the busines school, they look for students that extracurricular schooicular activities in business. The school is trying to be a junior version of Michigan.
For all of those they got scholarships be happy with what you got. It may not cover the full tuition, but the start of an investment for your future.
Apply for financial aid. You may be surprised what you qualify for. That’s how you show your level of interest.
Just saw the same thing in my email. Do you know what’s taking so long?
@Lgh2015, my S got a scholarship offer from FSU with his acceptance there. It was a nice surprise.
So basically, with so many of the “Early Action” admittees not receiving a penny of scholarship money, it stands to reason that no “Regular Decision” admittee will receive scholarship money, right? After all, if there is still scholarship money available for the “Regular Decision” admittees, would not the “Early Action” admittees not receiving scholarship money have been better off being deferred?
Has anyone still not got a decision??
The admissions counselor said they’re going to try to get all the decisions out by tomorrow night and that not all the deferrals have gone out yet
no decision yet but someone in my school got accepted
Has anyone got rejected???
@bridgetm1 I heard back the last week of January, and I know I was really surprised! I applied in September, so that might have helped me! I got a decent amount of money with my acceptance too (luckily), so it is definitely a top choice for me! I called them mid January to ask when they were releasing them and they told me they were starting first week of February, but they must have been ahead of schedule! I’m sure yours is on its way!
Has anyone else for the past 24 hours been logging into cane link nonstop.