University of Michigan Bachelor of Theatre Arts - what do they want??

<p>“Choose one of the three poems listed below. Submit a two-page, single-spaced narrative based on the poem serving as a creative catalyst and featuring yourself as the “main character”.” </p>

<p>The poems are here: [UM</a> School of Music, Theatre & Dance - Department of Theatre & Drama - Auditions & Interviews](<a href=“http://www.music.umich.edu/departments/theatre/auditions/aud_bach_theatre_arts.htm]UM”>http://www.music.umich.edu/departments/theatre/auditions/aud_bach_theatre_arts.htm) </p>

<p>Originally I interpreted this as writing a short story. Then someone pointed out that they want it to be about <em>me</em>… so do I make it more of an autobiographical thing? Or fictional? I’m super confused.</p>

<p>Use your selected poem as a catalyst, a starter, an inspiration.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Narrative would thus appear to include both fiction and nonfiction. </p>

<p>Aim for a personal, detailed, honest and revealing narrative that connects to one of the poems.</p>

<p>This is a challenging assignment–but also an opportunity to explore and reveal yourself. Good luck!</p>

<p>ok, thank you. [:</p>