University of Michigan: Can I get in?

<p>Hi, my name is Sophie and I am a 16 year old junior in high school in Westchester County, NY. I absolutely love the University of Michigan, but I know how competitive it is and I just wanted some insight as to whether or not I can get in. I know there are no guarantees, but I just thought I'd ask if anyone has an idea. I have about a 3.6 GPA unweighted. Weighted it's probably 3.8-4.0. However, that's because I had a low average freshman year. Sophomore year it was about a 90, and this year It's 93 and I'm hoping to improve that even more. I have taken 7 AP and honors classes, and I plan to take 3 or 4 next year. I have very high SAT scores based on my practice tests, although I haven't taken them yet. But my scores for the last practice test I did were 740 critical reading, 690 math, and 770 writing. I can only hope to get scores that good on the real test, but those are the scores I'm using for now. I volunteer a lot, I have had a job every summer and all of junior year, and I tutor peers. Freshman year I was in yearbook club, sophomore year I was part of mock trial, and now I am on the school newspaper. I know I should have picked one and stuck to it but I didn't like any of them until the newspaper. I also plan on doing model UN and Amnesty International next year along with the paper. I have 3 years of varsity swim team under my belt and I'm doing it again next year. Also, I am part of a program called science research in my school and I am in the process of generating an Ipad/Iphone application. I plan to double major in sports management and business administration with a minor in spanish. I have very close relationships with all my teachers and I am anticipating strong recommendations. Do you think I could get in to U of M? Any other suggestions for schools? Other schools I am considering are Villanova, University of Florida, Loyola university Maryland, Lehigh, Boston College, University of Richmond, and a few more colleges like those. Thank you so much for your time!</p>

<p>*Do you think I could get in to U of M? Any other suggestions for schools? Other schools I am considering are Villanova, University of Florida, Loyola university Maryland, Lehigh, Boston College, University of Richmond, and a few more colleges like those. Thank you so much for your time! *</p>

<p>* a 3.6 GPA unweighted. Weighted it's probably 3.8-4.0. However, that's because I had a low average freshman year. Sophomore year it was about a 90, and this year It's 93 and I'm hoping to improve that even more. I have taken 7 AP and honors classes, and I plan to take 3 or 4 next year. I have very high SAT scores based on my practice tests, although I haven't taken them yet. But my scores for the last practice test I did were 740 critical reading, 690 math, and 770 writing. I can only hope to get scores that good on the real test, *</p>

<p>When you have real scores, we can give better info. Florida can be hard to get into as an OOS student. Don't know if UMich weights GPA higher than test scores.</p>

<p>BTW...talk to your parents about how much they'll pay. UMich isn't going to help you much with aid since you're OOS and it costs $50k per year.....you'd have a similar problem at UF. If money isn't a problem, then good! If it is, then you may have to take the OOS publics off your list.</p>

<p>BC is getting harder and harder to get into. Nova and Loyola-M are much easier.</p>

<p>If your real scores are 690 and 740 you should have a very good chance at UM. Boston college is a good idea for business and they have early action which is helpful. If you like Lehigh you might want to look at Bucknell too. George Washington U might be a good idea.</p>