Son accepted today, application complete around 10/21; Exercise Xcience with 3.38 GPA, 1400 SAT.
Does anyone know how much later the letter is sent after the portal reads “Decided” and offers a button to make a payment? It’s a bit ambiguous on the portal without an email. Thanks!
Pardon, we received the note in the portal, $7500 scholarship per year!
They hide it well, don’t they?
We went through the same thing - great, it’s “Decided,” so do we get to know the result? I figured the $600 deposit request below it was a good sign. Congrats to your student!
Does anyone know how the Honors College admission works? Mu son has a weighted 4.2 GPA, a 1450 SAT and 7 APs. He got in with the $20k a year scholarship but not Honors College. One of his friends with significantly lower stats got into Honors. Not trying to sound ungrateful but we expected he would get in.
Jumping in here as a university employee (I work in data analytics, not admissions decision making). Merit aid questions are tricky because policies can change year to year and sometimes differ by student profile. I don’t want to accidentally give outdated or incomplete info here. Admissions can walk you through how merit is reviewed and when notifications typically go out.
I wish that I could help provide clarity here but cannot. For questions about a specific decision-or whether additional honors review rounds are planned-the Admissions office is going to be the best source. They are super helpful.
Thank you so much for this information. I will encourage my son to reach out to Admissions and ask as decision time draws nearer.
This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.