University of Washington feeder?

<p>I am a junior at the University of Washington-Seattle majoring in B.A. with my option in Finance. I am set to graduate at the end of the next summer quarter (just finished up with a full load summer quarter. I am planning on working for a few years of course after I graduate (if anyone will hire a 19 year old with a bach) and then apply for a few MBA programs. </p>

<p>Is the University of Washington a decent school to come from to get a job in the first place in investing and second, to get into a good MBA program? It is ranked #25 on the businessweek rankings which I know is just decent. </p>

<p>My other question was about the GMAT, if I take it this year while the information is fresh in my mind, will I be able to use the scores down the line? </p>

<p>Will my age impact my chances of finding a job in investments? I am 18 now but will 19 when I graduate and plan on searching for a job immediately after I graduate.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Depends on what type of "investing" job you are talking about and what your resume will look like. If the latter is good, you should be able to land a job in some type of investing role.</p></li>
<li><p>Not particularly. U of W is not a big feeder. Although, if you you present a very good application to MBA programs they are not going to reject you just because you attended U of W. Therefore, don't worry about how your school is perceived because there isn't much you can do about it.</p></li>
<li><p>GMAT is valid for 5 years.</p></li>
<li><p>It will not be a big factor. A lot will depend on the company, the people doing the hiring, and whether or not you come across as mature.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>UH oh. I think you put yourself in a bad position. A lot of companies, imo, don't take younger candidates because of the underlying nature of maturity. Seriously.</p>

<p>Would being a younger candidate than the rest of the pool make me stand out in a positive way at all? My college academic credentials aren't bad (3.8 gpa and in Business Honors). I am thinking about attempting to jump ship straight into an MBA program since a few accept people straight from undergrad of course but even then wouldn't I still possibly run into an age issue being 21 with an MBA?</p>