Unweighted GPA vs Weighted GPA

<p>Okay, so,</p>

<p>I have a good GPA if you look at it weighted, except then when you look at it unweighted it looks bad....</p>

<p>Im taking all IB classes and I work my butt of in them..and I usually get all As and one or two Bs. So then when you take the unweighted GPA, I have like a 3.8 or 3.9 because of those stupid Bs! So basiclly I look like a worse student compared to a kid with a 4.0, when really that kid only takes regular classes and doesnt do any work at all! Its easy to get all As in regular classes..getting As in IB classes in rough..........but in the end I look like a worse student! </p>

<p>If I had just taken regular classes I would have a 4.0 no problem!</p>

<p>Will colleges see through that? Or will they actually think im the worse student...</p>

<p>Your assumption is wrong, being an IB candidate looks great, and a 3.8 or 3.9 is still great. College admission reps would most likely look higher on a 3.8 or 3.9, with challenging classes, versus a 4.0 with mediocre classes.</p>

<p>you are right, 3.9 is really bad...look at community colleges</p>

<p>^Agreed :)</p>

<p>okay well i meant its worse than a 4.0...and basically everyone in ivy league schools has perfect grades</p>

<p>I suggest going to the ivy league schools forums and taking a look at the accepted students stats thread</p>

<p>Here I thought you were talking about a bad GPA like mine! =]
You are fine, don't sweat it kid</p>