[URGENT] Dropped phone call during interview - interviewer won't call me back

<p>Hello all,</p>

<p>This is very urgent. </p>

<p>I just had an (incomplete) phone interview with a company (the maker of the Macbook, Mac OS, iPhone, etc) and my iPhone dropped the call 5 times in a row (curse you, AT&T). The interview lasted less than 10 minutes in total (without the interruptions) and the interviewer did not call me back. His phone number as recorded on my iPhone does not link back up to his landline phone. </p>

<p>After the "interview", I was so depressed that I sat in a parking lot for an entire hour even though it was cold and raining and I was getting sick. </p>

<p>What should I do? I feel so hopeless. I would die to have an internship with them.</p>

<p>Not to be mean, but this is one of the main reasons it's good to try and do these sorts of things on a landline.</p>

<p>If you can't get back to him over the phone, see if there's some way to get an e-mail to them.</p>

<p>This is why you never do a phone interview with a cell phone.</p>

<p>Call, email, just get in contact with them and tell them you have terrible reception.</p>

<p>I'm sorry but there's probably not much that you can do. In reality, it was your responsibility to find a place with good coverage or use a landline for the call. But now that you know, it hopefully won't happen again.</p>

<p>Example of why common sense often trumps book smarts.</p>

<p>Maybe the OP didn't/doesn't have access to a landline and the cell phone was his best bet. </p>

<p>I agree w/ Coolio: e-mail him/her.</p>

<p>This is just my opinion, but personally, I feel your best bet is to do your best to put it behind you.
Learn from your mistake and try your best not to repeat it.
This won't be your last interview. Take it as a learning opportunity.</p>

<p>I'd probably send a quick email apologizing to te interviewer for what previously happened, but don't count on being given a second chance.</p>

<p>you had an interview with the people that make the iPhone and your iPhone dropped the call? that's a bummer...</p>

<p>Just tell them you were using a windows phone. They'll understand.</p>