URGENT how do I raise my score from 1550 to 2200?D:

<p>hey CCers,
I recently signed up for a sat prep class (btw I'm a sophomore) Well, I took a diagnostic test which was exactly a sat practice test. Hah, I got a 1550....
I'm aiming to go to Johns Hopkins, but with this score, I don't think they will accept me. My gpa and my class rank r really good. I ranked 5 out of 559. my gpa is somewhere around 5.5.
So the point is, can yu guys recommend me how to study for d sat?
FYI, I have the blue book and dr.chung's math. I'm willing to finish these books in two months (or hopefully less). The problem is that I have no idea how to use the blue book efficiently. i didn't even start on it cuz I didnt know how and where I needed to start. So...yeah D:</p>

<p>Guys, I really need your help!!</p>

<p>Alright let me help you out.</p>

<p>Things you need:
-(Must Have) Direct Hits (Volumes 1 and 2)
-(Optional) Barron's Most recent prep book [ONLY for the Barron's 3500 list; you have time to study these words since you are a sophomore]
-(Must Have) Blue Book (Which you have)
-(Optional) Dr. Chung's (Which you have)
-(Highly recommended) College Board Online Course
-(Only if necessary) Princeton Review: 11 Practice Tests for the SAT & PSAT [Only if you run out of resources; this is the next best thing.</p>

<h2>-(Optional) Kaplan's Study Guide [Many people don't vouch for this book, but I vouch for it primarily because the writing section tips in this book are very straightforward and helpful.</h2>

<p>Math:
-Go through Dr. Chung's tips in a week and go through 1 test.
-Review his tips once a week and do a test after each review (so, once a week); even though his tests are not all that similar to the Official SAT, his tips prove to be successful on the Official SAT. </p>

<h2>-Go through Sparknote's SAT Math guide for a review on some math concepts you forgot; it has a page filled with many geometric and algebraic theorems. </h2>

<p>Critical Reading:
-If you have Direct Hits, do 20 words 1 day. Do another 20 the next and review the 20 words from the previous day. Keep on doing this until test day; you need to know those words as if it were second nature.
-If you have the Barron's 3500 list, do something similar; do what fits your schedule. </p>

<h2>-For passages: <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/750399-how-attack-sat-critical-reading-section-effectively.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/750399-how-attack-sat-critical-reading-section-effectively.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/h2>

<p>Writing:
-Use Kaplan's Study Guide for its writing tips.
-If you do not have Kaplan's Study Guide (or w/e it is called), use Silverturtle's Writing Guide. </p>

<h2>-For the essay: <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/645763-how-write-12-essay-just-10-days.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/sat-preparation/645763-how-write-12-essay-just-10-days.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/h2>

<p>-If you have ONLY the Blue Book, do a SAT test EVERY OTHER week.
-Remember to save the Blue Book's first three test for last; they are former administered tests.
-If you have the College Board Online Course + the Blue Book, do a test every week; adjust it according to your set test date and schedule.
-If recommend that you do practice tests on the weekends and in the mornings, considering how the real SAT is administered around 8 AM on a Saturday.
-Take only 3 breaks during your tests; every 3 sections, take a five minute break.
-MOST IMPORTANTLY, REMEMBER TO REVIEW YOUR MISTAKES, SKIPPED QUESTIONS AND ANY QUESTIONS YOU GUESSED ON (OR IF YOU WERE IFFY ON A QUESTION) IN ORDER TO TRULY IMPROVE. [The review should take just as long as the test sitting; some people recommend reviewing your test the day after you take it...I personally do it the day of.]</p>

<p>Thank u so much!:) Yer a life saver lol. btw just out of curiosity, what is your sat score?(: it seems like you hav a good grade...hahah.</p>

<p>Instead of setting yourself up for a big disappointment, you should adjust your SAT goals so that they are more reasonable. You don't need a 2200 to be considered by John Hopkins. You will still have a fighting chance with 2000, or even lower. Other parts of your application are just as important, if not more.</p>

<p>You'll get a lot of different types of advice for studying here, many of which are not based on scientific research but rather "this sounds reasonable so I think this works" or "it worked for me so it should for everyone else." I'm not saying that any advice you'll see is wrong, or that it is impossible to make such a jump, but proceed cautiously and with reasonable expectations. If you want an analogy, SAT advice can be compared dieting advice - which is all over the place and full of unlikely goals.</p>

<p>Diagnostic tests tend to be harder than the actual thing. That way, after you take their course, you will get a higher score on a much easier exit exam, and you will think that you improved a lot (and they will be able to claim high average improvement rates). Don't put too much stock in them.</p>

<p>Blue book is the prime resource. Do a bunch of tests out of there. Other than that, I mostly used Direct Hits, but by all means look at other resources if you need more. SilverTurtle's guide is effective and free.</p>

<p>@kirasam72
Currently, I am at a 1990.</p>

<p>I just took the November test. Fingers and toes crossed.</p>

<p>I'm at 2230, fingers crossed for 2300+, but most likely gonna get 2270 powerscored.</p>

<p>Hard work plus motivating yourself,but you have to know what plan your gonna do to get the score you would have to solve loads of test.</p>