US History SAT help?

<p>Does the test often include a lot about specific presidents and their party, vice, etc...
What is a good way to study for this test? I have the Barrons book as well as the other ones with extra tests..</p>

<p>Well...you have to know some presidents and their parties. It's much more important to know their beliefs and what they did when they were in office (you can pretty much guess the party from that info).</p>

<p>I recommend studying from an AP Prep book, but I think Barron's will be fine.</p>

<p>I did not take the US Subject Test I was going to but decided not to. Only because I was happy with the 2 Subject tests I took. But here is how I studied for it and for APUSH</p>

<p>I read through AMSCO and the week before the test I read through this AP</a> US History Cram Packet 2 </p>

<p>You do not have to purchase AMSCO, honestly. I think any review book will suffice. But that cram packet was vital for me. It's an easy read. I advise you look through it.</p>

<p>Have you taken APUSH? What grade are you in?</p>

<p>REA's Crash Course was indispensable for me. Our APUSH teacher also made our class read through REA's additional and much longer/unnecessarily detailed review book, but that didn't help me much. Just read through Crash Course a couple of times. (This is assuming, though, that you've taken the class -- if you're self-studying you might want to get AMSCO.)</p>

<p>If you haven't taken APUSH...only an honors class (only up to the civil war)....is it possible to take the SAT 2 test and do well?</p>

<p>Yes. Just read AMSCO.</p>

<p>I didn't think it asked much about Presidents at all... lots of big picture stuff and APUSH seemed to prepare me fine. I also got Princeton Review's book for the AP test, which covered all the major stuff to know for American history</p>

<p>If you have only covered material up to the civil war it would take a lot of hard work to learn new material for the subject test if you have never been exposed to it. </p>

<p>You could do it but you are there any other tests you can take. Like Bio or Chem.</p>

<p>Just read reviews books, many more than time through if you really need to. It can also be helpful to use flash cards from various companies that have them made already (it would be an overall waste of time if you tried to make flash cards for everything; it could be helpful for battles, important people, literature, etc.) </p>

<p>I don't believe the exam really tests specific presidents (just as the APUSH test only tests on a certain few presidents), but you can expect to be asked to recall the details and intentions for specific important events.</p>