US News 2011 Ranking Leak...

<p>Settle down, settle down, this is not it. My question is, how many days ahead of the release date are the new rankings leaked usually?</p>

<p>It isn't. Those leaks are never real. Only a handful of people have access to the rankings and nobody is talking!</p>

<p>Hm. Law school ranking are usually leaked early, and those actually have significant influence on both institutions and applicants.</p>

<p>
[quote]
It isn't. Those leaks are never real. Only a handful of people have access to the rankings and nobody is talking!

[/quote]

No way Alex...please tell me you don't have access? I mean there's no possible way you'd be hiding those rankings from us at this very moment...right!?</p>

<p>Correct leaks have occured when retail stores lose track of the embargo. Schools usually receive preliminary data between 24 and 48 hours before the official release. </p>

<p>The reality is that, because of the better access to the CDS data, there are few surprises left. As far as the "ranking" part, that has become a big yawner. There will be the usual minute changes to keep the rankings "fresh" and cause fanboys to debate how "wrong" the changes were, but it will be the same ol' "made-to-order" ranking that pleases nobody, except the publishers.</p>

<p>Somebody on this forum must be able to get the rankings early. That person should speak up now</p>

<p>Why such an obsession with the early release? </p>

<p>Look at last year's version.</p>

<p>I just want to know where my school winds up and I don't want to wait. Can somebody at least post a fake top 50 or something?</p>

<p>^ Just be patient. Your school might go up or go down 1-5 spots. At least in an estimate. :D</p>

<p>I don't understand all this anxiety about a silly ** magazine ranking **. It's not like the US News list is a comprehensive, objective study by a national research council or any other reliable agency that could yield meaningful results.</p>

<p>Its a new system this year anyway. Its in LARGE groupings. Like 1-50; 51-100, 100-151; fourth tier.</p>

<p>^^^^^^where did u hear that</p>

<p>^ Don't trust anything this guy says.</p>

<p>How about posting 25-50??????</p>

<p>^ Those don't count.</p>

<p>25-40?</p>

<p>10 char</p>

<p>Doubtful.</p>

<p>10char</p>

<p>^^ hmm.. really? How about the Ohio State University? Thanks! :)</p>

<p>they took down that guy's fake rankings!</p>