<p>Hey all of you. Hope all is well with you. Anyways, I am trying to decide between going to UVA and UIUC. My intended major is Mathematics but that might change anyways - to, for example, psychology. I am really considering almost every aspect of college life and academics when it comes to choosing the right school for me. So i'll begin by stating the pros and cons of being at either schools:</p>
Pros: 1) Smaller community - 14 000
2) Gorgeous and beautiful campus
3) Nice weather
4) Academically competitive
5) I think I will get an "all-rounded" education</p>
<p>Cons: 1) Echols people turn me off and I want to get the best of everything they have to offer - such as seminars - and apparently Echols scholars get priority registration, upperclass seminars, etc. --> not the main reason why I don't like UVA
2) There is no one department in the school that really stands out. Generally, they say that they offer "one of the best education exprience" - and I don't know how true that is.
3) Redneck, racist people from what i've heard</p>
Pros: 1) A great school - especially its engineering programme.
2) I can't think of anymore.... lol</p>
<p>Cons: 1) Bad buildings, etc. Old. Community "not thriving".
2) Only well-known for engineering - and nothing else. </p>
<p>So, on the basis of my views and your opinions, what is better for me? I know more about UVA because I've done a lot of research on it. Math and Psychology departments are ranked higher in UIUC than in UVA (based on reserach quality). I would appreciate your comments!</p>