UVa Transfer Roster

<p>let's form a roster as other sections of cc discussions have done. It should include:</p>

<p>College (where/what year):
College GPA when app was sent:
In-state/Out:
HS GPA:</p>

<h1>of AP's:</h1>

<p>SAT/ACT:</p>

<p>I'll Start.</p>

<p>2tiredofwaiting: freshman @ JMU/4.0/In-state/3.43/8 AP's/1260</p>

<p>Oh and let's add hook to that list:</p>

<p>2tiredofwaiting: freshman @ JMU/4.0/In-state/3.43/8 AP's/1260/a great recommendation</p>

<p>Toph: Sophomore @ Ithaca College/3.68/Out-of-State/4.0 uw/1 AP/1380/strong ECs/good essays (or so I've been told)/one decent recommendation + two I haven't read (although I'm assuming the one was really good)</p>

<p>Notes:
*College GPA is 3.7 if you include course taken during high school through a different college</p>

<p>*Took 5 AP courses (maximum number unless I would've taken French and Spanish) and aced them all, but only took one test (the course I took during my junior year); looking back on it, maybe I should've taken more of the tests... but I didn't really care about the extra credits, and I got college credit for Calc during high school so I didn't see a reason to take the AP test for that at the time... our French program at my high school wasn't very good and I had to work my but off to get a B+ and my only B during my two semesters of intermediate French in college (learned a lot though), so that's why I didn't take that test.</p>

<p>our roster begins...</p>

<p>2tiredofwaiting: freshman @ JMU/4.0/In-state/3.43/8 AP's/1260/a great recommendation</p>

<p>Toph: Sophomore @ Ithaca College/3.68/Out-of-State/4.0 uw/1 AP/1380/strong ECs/good essays (or so I've been told)/one decent recommendation + two I haven't read</p>

<p>Sophmore @ California CC / 3.89/ App sent on 2-28 /Out-of-State/ 3.6 uw / 0AP / 1250 / Nontaditional, URM, Excellent Rec</p>

<p>Toph: Sophomore @ Ithaca College/3.68/Out-of-State/4.0 uw/1 AP/1380/strong ECs/good essays (or so I've been told)/one decent recommendation + two I haven't read</p>

<p>Katt: Freshman @ UMD/3.65/In-State/3.5/1 AP :(/1200 SAT :(/2 Great Recs/Good Essay/Great EC's</p>

<p>Katt: Freshman @ UMD/3.65/In-State/3.5/1 AP /1200 SAT /2 Great Recs/Good Essay/Great EC's</p>

<p>Chesterfield333: Second Year @ RBC, 3.5/ In-State/ 3.3/ 1130</p>

<p>chesterfield, sorry, I should know this I guess being in-state, but what is RBC?</p>

<p>UVA Transfer Roster: </p>

<p>Katt: Freshman @ UMD/3.65/In-State/3.5/1 AP /1200 SAT /2 Great Recs/Good Essay/Great EC's</p>

<p>WMRocks: Freshman @ College of William & Mary/3.3/In-state/3.67/12 APs/1100 Sat/strong ECs/really good essay/great rec.</p>

<p>katt, The school I attend is Richard Bland College. The formal name is Richard Bland College of The College of William and Mary...it is the only public Junior College in Virginia, acting as a pilot school to W&M and most other VA publics and a few privates. It's located in Petersburg,Va @ the split of I-95 and I-85. It is kind of a little gem! Check out the articulation agreements under the transfer link~ <a href="http://www.rbc.edu%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.rbc.edu&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Good luck chesterfield!</p>

<p>Virginia Tech/Freshman - 4.0
In-state
Highschool - 3.61
3 APs
1310 SATs (690 - M 620 - V)</p>

<p>UVA Transfer Roster: </p>

<p>WMRocks: Freshman @ College of William & Mary/3.3/In-state/3.67/12 APs/1100 Sat/strong ECs/really good essay/great rec.</p>

<p>nahrafsfa: Virginia Tech/Freshman - 4.0
In-state
Highschool - 3.61
3 APs
1310 SATs (690 - M 620 - V)</p>

<p>asbuckeye07: Ohio State/Second year/In-state/3.65(in upper-level architecture courses mainly)/pretty good ECs/not-so-hot essays
high school-dont ask-2.8gpa/1150 SAT/26 ACT (I wasn't a big fan of school, needless to say)</p>

<p>nahrafsfa: Freshman @ Virginia Tech/4.0/In-state/3 AP's/1310</p>

<p>ANybody else?? Also, Toph, when I put AP's on the list of stats, I meant just all the AP's you took, not necessarily the one's you got exam credit for.</p>

<p>woops, sorry nahrafsfa, I forgot your high school GPA. Lemme try that one more time...</p>

<p>nahrafsfa: Freshman @ Virginia Tech/4.0/In-state/3.61/3 APs/1310</p>

<p>Oh... in that case I took 5 APs... and I did get a 4 on the one exam I did take (AP Government)...i think as a student who is transferring as juniro they won't care about how many AP's I took though except for difficulty of course schedule. Personally I hope they weigh my HS a lot at least if I'm on the fence, since it can only help me. I think McIntire is supposed to be a harder transfer than UVA as a whole (well atleast A&S)... so I'm pretty nervous about my chances...</p>

<p>"I think McIntire is supposed to be a harder transfer than UVA as a whole (well atleast A&S)... so I'm pretty nervous about my chances..."</p>

<p>...haha, beats the 7% acceptance rate that the school of architecture retains, I am feeling EXTREMELY nervous.</p>

<p>Actaully... I was thinking of your posts about that 7% acceptance rate when I was posting that...</p>

<p>On the bright side... you have been an architecture major and seem to have a very solid background.</p>

<p>I've been a journalism major up until this semester... although if they do give some weight to my midterm grades, I do have A's in financial accounting and statistics (both pre-req's) and I got A's in both micro and macro economics last year. </p>

<p>It's going to be a long month and a half, eh?</p>

<p>nahrafsfa: Freshman @ Virginia Tech/4.0/In-state/3.61/3 APs/1310</p>

<p>asbuckeye07: Second year @ Ohio State/In-state/3.65(in upper-level architecture courses mainly)/pretty good ECs/not-so-hot essays
high school-dont ask-2.8gpa/1150 SAT/26 ACT (I wasn't a big fan of school, needless to say)</p>