UW Academy Robinson Center

Have any of you applied to the UW Academy this year? I applied to this program and have been anxiously waiting for the letters to be sent out next week. I don’t know anyone else from my school who was interested in the UW Academy, so I was looking for people to talk about it with.

aayo :smiley:
idk if anyone else will see this/if you’re even active here anymore but I’m in the same boat as you! So glad to have happened upon this thread
I PM’d you btw

I got in this year, so I’d be happy to discuss it with anyone who checks this thread in the future.

heyooo!
I still check up on this site. How’s everything going? c:

I know this is an old thread, but could anyone help me with my chances of being accepted?

Objective:

SAT/ACT: none (not required for 2021 admissions)
Unweighted GPA: 3.88
AP: AP World History Modern: 4; AP Computer Science Principles: 4; AP Human Geography 3
Awards: Inline speedskating national medals

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Inline speedskating (regional and national medalist), tennis (mainly recreational), DECA (state level), Orchestra (lead violist in chamber orchestra)
Did Bollywood Dance and Carnatic Singing; National speedskater
Job/Work Experience: None
Volunteer/Community service: In National Honors Society; none
Essays: Some say it’s very good, some say needs work
Teacher Recommendation: Very good
Additional Rec: Good
Hooks:
Talked about surviving a flood
Took AP Human Geography in 8th grade and passed with 3, took AP World History: Modern and AP Computer Science Principles and passed with 4 in freshmen year, this year (sophomore) am taking AP Chemistry, AP Statistics, and AP US History

Other:

State: WA
School Type: Large Public School
Ethnicity: Asian

Reflection:

Strengths:
Being Asian in a predominantly white school used to make me ashamed of my culture. But now I embrace it.
Taking and passing AP HUG in 8th grade might seem good, but passed with a 3 so I really don’t know. APs look good, and also took a bunch of honors classes.
Weaknesses: GPA

Thank you :slight_smile: