Vanderbilt Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Vanderbilt University offers Early Decision but does not offer Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Decision (ED) deadline for Fall 2022 admission is November 1.

(Source)

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by December 15. Last year, Vanderbilt admitted 859 of the 4,321 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 19.88%.

For more information visit the Vanderbilt University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Vanderbilt applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Vanderbilt University? Why Vanderbilt? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Vanderbilt topics visit the vanderbilt-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Vanderbilt Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

1 Like

I am planning to apply ED to vandy this fall. Is it easier I apply to CAS or Peavodt? Which is easier to get into?

1 Like

I’m not aware of any significant difference between them in terms of selectivity. I would suggest you apply to the school that you’re actually most interested in attending.

I’m not sure if this is still the case, but when I applied to Vanderbilt, there was an option to put first and second choices for schools.

1 Like

My daughter hasn’t heard anything so I’m wondering if that’s a bad sign. Thank you!

Anyone know what day we will find out? Last year it was the 15th but two years ago it was the 13th! We should make support gc !!

1 Like

My post was supposed to ask if anyone’s had an interview? My daughter has not been asked.

I don’t know when they will hear but I think the school sends out an email letting the kids know when decisions will be out.

I was hoping there’d be more chatter on this thread. Did anyone else apply ED?

My daughter did. We’re in South Florida. 4.0 gpa (4.9 weighted). Lots of APs. 1530 SAT the only time she took it. Part time job for 1 1/2 years at a local pharmacy (she wants to major in Chem and go into medical research). Lots of ECs and Leadership. Strong LORs. She’s had health issues since she’s young and she wrote about the guilt she felt (unbeknownst to me) growing up as a sick child and how that inspired her desire to go into research. It was a heavy essay and her Truth.

Does anyone else want to share? I think we should be hearing in a few weeks, possibly the week of December 15th.

Did anyone get an interview? I did not get one, requested on halloween.

No interview request just yet. I Wishing everyone a happy thanksgiving.

2 Likes

Hi - my daughter did get an interview. No idea how that worked out but luckily, the alumni who interviewed her was a great match!

1 Like