<p>I was accepted at one of my top two college choices with almost a free ride, and I think I have a good shot at the other- but I’m still waiting. </p>
<p>The college I was accepted at notified me last week, and their information day (where you learn about the college, get financial advising, pick classes, etc) happens just two days after my second choice college snail-mails decisions (so I’m likely to get the decision for the second college the day of the open house for the first college). I have to enroll in order to attend the open house day, and I’d rather not miss it in the event that I am declined from the other college. </p>
<p>How long is customary to make a college wait before making an enrollment decision? Would it be rude to wait to RSVP to the info day until I get my decision? If I confirm an enrollment, then get an acceptance to the other college, would it be impossible to dis-enroll? </p>
<p>…do colleges in direct competition with each other do this on purpose? I’m so happy, but so torn…</p>