Vent over plantar fasciitis and the cost of shoes.

LOL, thumper - I posted them for those die hard Birk fans who need a Birk fix when wearing their regular Birks with socks is not feasible. The boots are so laughingly ugly, and at $300+, they definitely belong in the Gourmetmom’s thread. :slight_smile:

Anyway… I said this before. Paul Green makes great shoes.

Making note of all the different brands. Knock on wood my feet feel pretty good right now. I’m sure it is because I have new insoles and I’ve been wearing my Brooks trail runners. Im not a big flip flop person.
Added in the alphabet with the feet in bed in the AM. Figured it can only help.
Thank you to those who suggested models of the Hoka brand shoes. Im hoping they run true to size. I’m hoping for some great deals. Last year many of the shoes were just 5 bucks a pair. I wear a 7 and most of the shoes will be size 7. Anyone tried Ahnu brand? They will also have Ahnu, Teva, Sanuk and Ugg. I think possibly 1 other brand.

@dmd77 my feet don’t hurt at all when I wear my heels - mostly wedges which are always comfortable. But when I wear flats on the weekends or my asics is when I suffer.

BB, I think @thumper1 is referring to the Birkenstock boots I linked in post 90 and @VANURSEPRAC in #95.

BTW I ordered the boots I linked, I don’t think they are going to fit but hey free shipping and returns.

deb, she liked your Birks, but she was laughing at the Danbury Birks I posted! :slight_smile:

Lol @BunsenBurner I didn’t read her last sentence. Oops!

And those boots are just awful. But then that was my thought when ugg boots first came out :wink:

@MomofWildChild

Don’t Hokas run small?

@thumper1 They have run narrow. Newer models are going with a little wider forefoot.

Thanks to this thread, I ordered a pair of Oofos flipflops https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013KSG44E/ref=twister_B0163IMBZ4?th=1
and a pair of Vionic Wave sandals - https://www.amazon.com/Vionic-Unisex-Wave-Post-Sandal/dp/B00EIP5F5S?th=1
I found the Vionics to be a tiny bit wide for me (and I have a wide foot) but I’m going to keep them because of the great arch support. The Oofos are my favorites, though - SO comfy!

@youcee

It wouldn’t matter if Birks fit me perfectly. I really do not like the look of birk sandals…at all. Now those little boots in post 90? That’s another story.

I wear Clarks sandals that have. Great arch support, and a teeny tiny raise to the heel. They also have a flexible sole. I love them…and have them in two colors.

If I ever get PF, I’m screwed in the summer. I have about ten pairs of flip flops…everything from plain old ones to Brighton. I’d be going barefoot. Oh…wouldn’t be able to do,that either!

Am I the only one who hardly never wears flip flops?! The only pair I have is at our cottage and strictly for walking out to the beach!

You are not alone @abasket. I cannot wear the things. Although I yearn to. Heavy sigh.

Folks, I never dreamed that I would wear a flipflop because they all felt so uncomfortable to me - until I tried Oofos. Wow. I used to pad barefoot around the house, even in the winter, but now I sport a cherry-colored pair of Oofos flipflops as my house slippers. :slight_smile:

Give them a try! Just make sure to get the correct size. Best shower shoes (as my mom calls them) ever!

Ok! I am convinced. I have a big birthday within the next 10 days. This thread has inspired me to go shoe shopping. ;:wink:

@youcee Good question! All I know is that Vionic says that they spent a lot of time redesigning the sole for heels, so that the shoes would still be orthotic.


[QUOTE=""]
If I ever get PF, I'm screwed in the summer. I have about ten pairs of flip flops...everything from plain old ones to Brighton.

[/QUOTE]

I still occasionally wear my “bad ones” because I love them too! Have some adorable Brighton sandals/shoes and won’t give 'me up! At the beach, have to wear Havaianas flip-flops. Love my new ones with the little Swarovski crystal. Super cute with a pedicure. http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/slim-swarovski-crystal-flip-flops?site_refer=CSE_GGLPRADS001_LT&prod_id=0500018162958&CAWELAID=120178030000082511&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=15736299018&CATCI=pla-128244468278&catargetid=120178030000917297&cadevice=t&gclid=CM2roNq_pM8CFdgPgQod69YJGg

Also have a couple of pair of Croc flip-flops that I like…pretty good support/comfort… wear them as house shoes during warm months… https://■■■■■■/images/Lz4H5D

Especially love a flip flop/sandal that can be put on while standing (just shove foot in and go!).

NeedAShoeHouse

Tell me about the Clarks you all have. I;ll be near their factory store in the next couple of weeks.

Thought about this thread today. I’m heading to Asheville and will be doing a lot of walking on hills. I have wide feet and always have trouble finding comfortable, well fitting shoes. A knee injury is making matters worse. So, I bit the bullet and went to the store that carries comfortable, but not cute shoes. $350 and I now own a pair of Birks, Vionics, and a pair of Earth intrepid booties. I so could’ve bought a cute pair of shoes with that money. Waaaaah!

@Overtheedge , Money well spent. Still hurts the pocketbook though

:)>-

I buy my Hokas a half size over street shoe size and most running shoes I buy a full size over street shoe size.

Lol…what style of Clarks? Sandals, loafers, walking shoes, flip flops, shoes, booties, shooties, boots, all-weather, rain/duck style?

Many that we have are probably no longer available. Are you shopping for winter or summer or both?

Clarks has different lines…their Artisan line is more stylish…their Cloudstepper line is about comfort…their Unsructured has venting systems to get air to the feet…their Originals are their older classic styles.

Have these water-resistant boots in burgundy
http://www.qvc.com/Clarks-Leather-Water-Resistant-Ankle-Boots-w-Faux-Fur—Kearns-Ramsey.product.A271785.html?sc=A271785-User&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION--36--A271785&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/85/a271785.001?$uslarge$

Have these in nude
http://www.qvc.com/Clarks-Leather-T-strap-Sandals-w-Adj.-Strap—Roza-Pine.product.A264611.html?sc=A264611-User&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION--11--A264611&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/11/a264611.001?$uslarge$

Weatherproof booties in black
http://www.qvc.com/Clarks-Outdoor-Waterproof-Leather-Booties—Muckers-Ruck.product.A282067.html?sc=A282067-User&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION--13--A282067&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/67/a282067.001?$uslarge$

Have these sneakers in black…comfy and love the bungee laces
http://www.qvc.com/Clarks-Leather-Bungee-Lace-up-Sneakers—Valiee-Marble.product.A270265.html?sc=A270265-User&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION--10--A270265&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/65/a270265.001?$uslarge$

Recently got this pair in red when it was a TSV on QVC. Not wearing them yet, but did try them on and comfortable.

Will wear them with jeans. Wouldn’t wear them with anything else.

http://www.qvc.com/Clarks-Cloud-Steppers-Ruched-Ankle-Boots—Sillian-Sway.product.A279385.html?sc=A279385-User&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION--40--A279385&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/85/a279385.001?$uslarge$