Visual and Performing Arts?

<p>i'm interested in applying to berkeley, so i've done some research on its admissions. However, after some researching, it says that it requires one year of Visual and Preforming Arts credit.</p>

<p>I was just wondering what qualified as one years credit of it, since i didn't know that everyone who got in took band or art during their high school career.</p>

<p><a href=""&gt;;/a&gt;&lt;/p>


<p>It means that to follow the A-G requirements that are used by the UC system, you have to take one year of a visual or performing arts class at either high school or a CC. If you do not take it, you cannot be considered for the schools. Almost any high school course for art, drawing, band, orchestra, a Capella, dance, etc. will suffice.</p>

<p>ok, you said CC. so if i did all state orchestra for 3 years, does that count? or does it have to have 'credit'?</p>

<p>I don't exactly know what all state orchestra qualifies under, but I do know some people who use extracurricular athletics to satisfy PE, so you may be able to use that to satisfy the arts requirement through your school. If all state orchestra was through a class at a CC, then it make work if the credits transfer over.</p>