Volunteering at ambulance corp.

<p>Since 10th grade in high school I've been a member of ambulance corp till freshman year in college. I left the corp along with few other members due to the internal problem that got out of control. Now i am sophomore going junior and i have found different ambulance corp to volunteer. I've been CFR and planning to become EMT this summer. </p>

<p>If I add up all the years i volunteered then i think it's pretty good amount of time but apparently i took a year off from volunteering and switched over to different place. When i mention volunteering in application, should i just mention what i did in new ambulance corp. or mention everything from 10th grade along with year rest and continuing again.</p>

<p>Anything you did during high school can NOT be counted among your volunteer activities. Only your college volunteer activities.</p>

<p>So if you volunteered with the first corp during your freshman year, count only those hours you did during college.</p>

<p>according to lizzy on sdn, you probably should note that you started with such a program back in HS -- it demonstrates long-term interest/involvement/passion. If I recall, she posted that the aamc app file used to clearly say, college activities only, but is it now silent bcos they recognize that some stuff could be 8+ years.....</p>