Waitlist question

<p>i have been waitlisted to both Northeastern and RPI.</p>

<p>now Northeastern's letter said that they probably wont have a response until
after May 1..</p>

<p>so what exactly am i suppose to do? don't i need to accept a college by May 1?
and if i do select a college, what happens if i do get accepted to Northeastern or RPI?</p>

<p>You go ahead and send in a deposit to whatever college accepts you and which you choose to attend by the May 1 deadline. If you are accepted off the waitlist by either Northeastern or RPI, you can either choose to attend or not. If you choose to attend the waitlisted college, then you will need to inform your accepted college (don't worry - they expect these things), but you will probably lose your deposit.</p>

<p>wow, losing the deposit would really suck.</p>

<p>now if i was accepted by a waitlisted college, would they also send me my financial aid package?
i dont want to say yes if i will have to pay like 40k per yr, lol.</p>

<p>Have you ever waited in the back of a long line for tickets to a popular show? The waitlist is like that. They may sell out long before they get to you, and, even if you get to the front, you may have to take what you can get in terms of financial aid. </p>

<p>Don't count on getting off a waitlist. Make a mature decision based on your real options, and IF you get off the waitlist, you can reconsider based on what the offer is.</p>

<p>If you have requested aid and you are accepted off the waitlist, then you should receive the aid information at that time. You may or may not receive a decent financial aid package, depending on the college's financial aid budget and how much aid they will have promised at that point. It is an incentive to colleges to take full-pay students off the waitlist.</p>