Waitlisted at Brown: How to go about it?

<p>I’m sure everyone else who has been waitlisted at least feels a bit lost on the next course of action.</p>

<p>For me, Brown was one of my top choices for a reach school and to be waitlisted made me very happy, but now I know I must take the next step to give myself the best chance to be pulled from the list.</p>

<p>I intend to write a letter to the admissions office but I’m not sure who to address it to and how to send it there. Should I e-mail it, fax it, or snail-mail it?</p>

<p>Also, is there anything else to do in this waiting period to make myself stand out from amongst the others so that they at least consider me again when given the option?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance guys and best wishes on your college journey.</p>

<p>I have the same questions, I read the Brown waitlist thread from last year and apparently you can just call the admission office and ask this kind of things. Good luck there, hope that they will use their list this year.</p>

<p>Here's information that was sent to me as an interviewer in an email:

[quote]
Interviewers are welcome to communicate with wait listed students to express their support. Especially in such a tough year, this is quite an achievement and they may end up being admitted to Brown.</p>

<p>There are several hundred students on the wait list. Once we know who has matriculated from the admitted pool by May 1, we will reassess the remaining candidates on the wait list.</p>

<p>Applicants on the list are not ranked, and it is difficult to predict what the odds will be for waitlisted students. In the last five years, anywhere from 0-90 students have come off the wait list.</p>

<p>We do not release past or current wait list information by school, state, geo, etc.</p>

<p>By putting the student on the waitlist, the admission commitee definitely believes the student is a great candidate, so it is not necessary to send extra material or recommendations to improve chances, However, the applicant should indicate their desire to remain on the list. If there has been a significant achievement or change in their record, they can certainly let us know.</p>

<p>Applicants should commit to another school by May 1, and if they come off the waitlist, they can then rescind the commitment to the other school. This is standard practice.</p>

<p>From a financial standpoint, admission from the wait list is the same as regular decision admission – it is need-blind for permanent residents and U.S. citizens.</p>

<p>Applicants will be notified by late May at the earliest if they are being offered admission.</p>

<p>As students are admitted off the waitlist, BASC will notify chairs and individual interviewers of the applicant's status.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>modestmelody:</p>

<p>thanks for your information. did the admission office provide any email address to which we should send our extra credentials to? Furthermore, how shall we indicate our interests? Is it sufficient to merely confirm our spot or shall we send a letter or anything alike? thanks again!</p>