English Literature & Composition: 3
English Language & Literature TBA
Physics B TBA
U.S. Gov/Politics TBA
Psychology TBA
Environmental Science TBA
Economics Micro TBA
Economics Macro TBA</p>

<p>Essays: I'd give my common app essays a 9/10 because of one small typo, and my Emory supplement essay a 10/10.</p>

<p>Extra Curricular (basic resume):</p>

<p>Sailing:
Orange Coast College (2 years, Summer 2004-2005)
Arizona Sailing Foundation (2 Years, Fall 2006...)
Bahia Corinthian Yacht Club (6 weeks, Summer 2007)
Camp Lincoln (8 years, Summer 1999-2006)
U.S. Sailing Level 1 Instructor Certification
National Regattas</p>

<p>School Clubs:
Musician’s Exchange – President (4 Years)
DECA/FBLA Business Club – Vice President/Co-founder (2 Years)
Brophy Sailing Club – Vice President/Co-founder (2 Years)
Covert American Politics – Vice President (4 Years)
Knowledge Masters – Member (2 Years)</p>

<p>Community Service:
Andr</p>

<p>You could try to keep up your GPA a little bit through through the third marking period. Did you send your mid-year grades?</p>

<p>Also, maybe try to get other teachers/people who know you well to write you additional reccomendations.</p>

<p>Generally, though, I would say that you have a good chance if you show a TREMENDOUS amount of interest. Make sure that they know that, if accepted, you plan on attending. Do WHATEVER you can to put yourself ahead of the game.</p>

<p>damn!!! how did you get waitlisted?????? My SAT's are like 200 points lower than yours and I still got in..</p>

<p>I heard that Emory is a school that wants you to show interested. I personally haven't, but some school have tufts syndrome and reject qualify student...</p>

<p>I have a feeling that I didn't show enough interest. I'm hoping that some clarification with the Dean of Admissions will turn things around.</p>

<p>What exactly do you do to show interest? Do you email/visit/call/etc.?</p>

<p>^All of them. Order their video visit. Visit multiple times. Put yourself on every mailing list. if there is a visit somewhere in your area go. Do all of them plus more.</p>

<p>Sylinder- Does that mean that you're planning on writing the Dean of Admissions?</p>

<p>I already sent an email--about 5 minutes after I viewed my decision.</p>

<p>eep. If your my competition on the waitlist, i might as well back out now. ;-)</p>

<p>Shocking you didn't get in, but then again, they rarely accept those who don't at least visit. Good luck, sylinder.</p>

<p>So I just called Emory, and they said they didn't want any supplementary materials for wait list applicants. Is this normal?</p>