Waitlisted. Sad violin soloists unite.

<p>So I've found out that I've been waitlisted at Pratt and RISD. (FYI: I'm a transfer student who's only taken gen-eds. So technically, when admitted, I'll still be a freshman)</p>

<p>I understand being waitlisted at RISD due to its prestige.</p>

<p>However, the Pratt decision is the one that's wringing me out.</p>

<p>I had a number of complications and miscommunications with the admissions department. I had sent my most recent college transcript to them twice because they lost the first one. Then, due to email miscommunication, I didn't realize that Pratt admissions requires that ALL college transcripts be sent. Basically, my materials were just sitting in the office untouched until like 4 weeks ago when I got curious why I didn't receive an admission notification and freaked out finding that my worst case scenario came true.</p>

<p><em>Sigh</em></p>

<p>All others who've been waitlisted by a d-school are welcome to unload here! Hopefully we'll have some stories of success though! (Fingers, toes, eyes crossed!)</p>

<p>In my experience Pratt is a mess when it comes to their administration so please don't take it too personally. I recommend calling and asking if there is anything you could do that would help take you off the wait list. Do you have new work you could show them? Have you aced a recent class?</p>

<p>Oops, I never meant this to be All About Me. I was hoping that other students who've been waitlisted could kinda commiserate here and maybe form a sort of support group? It's not easy being waitlisted. And I'm sure that there are others thinking that too.</p>

<p>Anyways drae, thanks so much for your advice. I'll definitely do what you suggested! I'm not sure who my admissions counselor is so I'm not really sure who to contact about this. (Is it the person who replied back to my application questions?)</p>

<p>I have a few fashion sketches I've done and a new multimedia piece I could show them. I haven't been taking any classes though (I'm a transfer student who took the year off). Speaking of which, because I'm a transfer, I think it's less likely for me to actually get into Pratt... I'm really not going to keep my hopes up for this.</p>