Wall Street Journal Business school rankings:

<hr>

<p>You may find this Wall Street Journal link interesting. </p>

<p><a href="http://www.collegejournal.com/bscho...ance/top50.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.collegejournal.com/bscho...ance/top50.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>College (Business School)</p>

<p>Rank</p>

<p>2002.....2001</p>

<p>1........... 1 Dartmouth College (Tuck)</p>

<p>2........... 4 University of Michigan</p>

<p>3........... 2 Carnegie Mellon University</p>

<p>4.......... 5 Northwestern University (Kellogg)</p>

<p>5........... 18 University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)</p>

<p>6........... 7 University of Chicago</p>

<p>7........... 10 University of Texas at Austin (McCombs)</p>

<p>8........... 3 Yale University</p>

<p>9........... 8 Harvard University</p>

<p>10......... 34 Columbia University</p>

<p>Salary Ranking for Business schools: </p>

<hr>

<p><a href="http://www.collegejournal.com/bscho...ce/recruit.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.collegejournal.com/bscho...ce/recruit.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>(Business School).........Signing Salary....Guaranteed Bonus....Year-End Bonus</p>

<ol>
<li>Stanford University........$105,000.............$25,000.... ............$37,000</li>
<li>IMD International...........103,000................20, 000.................N.A.</li>
<li><p>Harvard University..........102,338................23,998. ................N.A.</p></li>
<li><p>Dartmouth (Tuck)............97,711.................26,524... .............56,695</p></li>
<li><p>Wharton.........................97,711............ .....25,789................27,890</p></li>
<li><p>MIT (Sloan).....................95,449................ .26,355................28,863</p></li>
<li><p>Northwestern (Kellogg)......95,000.................25,100...... ..........27,000</p></li>
<li><p>University of Michigan.......94,429..................25,289..... ...........24,506</p></li>
<li><p>UCBerkeley (Haas)............94,094.................21,466... ..............24,675</p></li>
<li><p>Columbia University.........94,000..................27,000. ...............54,000</p></li>
</ol>

<p><a href="http://rankings.ft.com/rankings/mba/rankings.html?selectorField2=&selectorField1=&paging=1&lastSort=&queryParam=&sortBy=Salary+today&selectorOption3=&selectorOption2=&selectorOption1=&selectorField3=%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://rankings.ft.com/rankings/mba/rankings.html?selectorField2=&selectorField1=&paging=1&lastSort=&queryParam=&sortBy=Salary+today&selectorOption3=&selectorOption2=&selectorOption1=&selectorField3=&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I couldn't find 2005 until now: Tuck is #3 (although, Harvard maintains a healthy showing at #13).</p>

<p><a href="http://www.collegejournal.com/reports/bschool05/glance/20040922-topnational.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.collegejournal.com/reports/bschool05/glance/20040922-topnational.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Rank.......School</p>

<p>1........... University of Michigan (Stephen M. Ross School of Business)</p>

<p>2........... Carnegie Mellon University (David A. Tepper School of Business)</p>

<p>3........Dartmouth College(Tuck)</p>

<p>4........... University of Pennsylvania (Wharton School)</p>

<p>5........... University of Chicago</p>

<p>6........... Yale University</p>

<p>7........... Northwestern University (Kellogg Graduate School of Management)</p>

<p>8........... Columbia University</p>

<p>9........... Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan)</p>

<p>10..........Stanford University</p>

<p>11..........University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Kenan-Flagler)</p>

<p>12......... University of Virginia </p>

<p>13…....Harvard University</p>

<p>14......... Duke University (Fuqua School of Business)</p>

<p>15......... University of California, Berkeley (Haas School of Business)</p>

<p>16......... University of Texas at Austin (McCombs School of Business)</p>

<p>17......... New York University (Leonard N. Stern School of Business)</p>

<p>18......... Cornell University (Johnson Graduate School of Management)</p>

<p>19......... University of California at Los Angeles (The Anderson School of Management)</p>

<p>“The Research Approach:
Inside the Rankings
The Wall Street Journal/Harris Interactive Business School Year 4 Survey is based on the opinions and behaviors of 2,849 M.B.A. recruiters who hire full-time business-school graduates. All interviews were conducted online Dec. 2, 2003, to March 31, 2004. The 2,849 recruiters, all of whom were asked to rate schools with which they had recent recruiting experience, provided a total of 4,398 school ratings.”</p>

<p><a href="http://www.collegejournal.com/reports/bschool05/article/20040922-alsop-mbmethod.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.collegejournal.com/reports/bschool05/article/20040922-alsop-mbmethod.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Sorry fountain, in the business world honestly everyone knows the Wall Street Journal rankings are crap. They had stanford at 44 for a while. The recruiters "rate it" highly because Tuck tends to treat them well while they are there. Places like Stanford, Harvard, and Columbia actually get many more recruiters on campus so they are less focused on them.</p>

<p>Tuck is an awesome school, but most Dartmouth College alumni I know don't have it at the top of their list.</p>

<p>“Sorry fountain, in the business world honestly everyone knows the Wall Street Journal rankings are crap.”</p>

<p>I would be curious to know if those “in the business world” at the Wall Street Journal are as keenly aware that “the Wall Street Journal rankings are crap” as those you speak of in the far more astute and ephemeral locales which occupy the “business world” as such. </p>

<p>The Wall Street Journal is apparently, and sorely, lacking in “street-cred” within the “business world” it serves. Sad, but seemingly true; however, I’ll wait until ‘USA Today’ or the ‘Columbia Spectator’ pronounce their verdict on the matter before paying my last respects to WSJ and those supposed donut-grubbing and bought off amoral-recruiters which, in all their licentious devilry, are misleading their gullible inquisitors.</p>

<p>However, interestingly, according to the link Byerly so kindly supplied that takes us to the ‘Financial Times’ rank based on salary, </p>

<p>Dartmouth (Tuck) grads are #3 in salary following #1 Harvard and #2 Stanford but ahead of #4 Wharton, #5 Chicago and #6 Columbia.
I have no idea why this would be true.</p>

<p>I think the WSJ is pretty reputable among the Wall Street crowd. They read it like the Bible.</p>

<p>LOL Fountain, although your argument is well crafted, did you really have to shower us with "big" words that are needlessly writhed into your sentences. We are all smart here (obviously), no need to impress us.</p>

<p>Devil,</p>

<p>Sorry for the "big words", but in all frankness I hadn’t considered the possibility that you would need to read it; I was addressing Slipper. I was writing under the assumption that you had decided on Duke and thus I was not worried about the size of the vocabulary. </p>

<p>But if you are interested in following along, "donut-grubbing" refers to those who eat too many donuts. </p>

<p>Although, it mat be that you dislike my use of the word “devilry” in a derogatory context as opposed to the more counter intuitive Duke wannabe ('devilish way', as in, ‘you little DEVIL, you’re going to CRY until you turn blue in the face’) way. </p>

<p>Good luck at Duke, Blue--Devil May Cry.</p>

<p>ps, "writhed "?!</p>

<p>writhed-twisted</p>

<p>First off, you used ethereal in a very unneeded manner. Second off, the sarcasm is unnecessary.</p>

<p>Third, u dislike me or something now?
Why the attitude?</p>

<p>Now now, children, play nice.</p>

<p>DMC,</p>

<p>Just to get it out of the way, you sound like a nice person, to me.
For the last couple of months, I have, along with others, tried to point out the high points of attending Dartmouth; it’s a great school—but not the only great school, Duke being one of the others.</p>

<p>You have obviously decided to go to Duke—great choice!—and yet, you continue to visit the Dartmouth forum (a good and fun thing in itself) asking people to “convince” you to come to Dartmouth when you have clearly already decided on Duke (if you are being straight on the Duke forum).</p>

<p>Honestly, be happy you’ve decided on Duke, and let people on the Dartmouth board know that it is silly for them to try to “convince” you to do otherwise. Let us know how you’re doing sprinkling in the occasional witticism or critique (as above). I will, at least, respond in kind and (hopefully) with humor.</p>

<p>As to my written language, words are neither ‘big’ nor ‘small’ to me: they are fun and or beautiful. I don’t normally speak the way I write (wish we all could, but few do) but that is, in part, the fun of writing, to me. I love to write what I read. To me, reading and writing are a romantic and playful couple, one incites and excites the other—one leads and the other follows. At this age, we tend to follow.</p>

<p>Sorry if I came across overly sarcastic. However, Duke or Dartmouth: getting into either is a great opportunity to be celebrated, not to be coy about, so why not let everyone congratulate you on your choice to attend Duke, instead of this silly game?</p>

<p>
[quote]
</p>

<p>First off, you used ethereal in a very unneeded manner.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>You're joking, right? She used EPHEMERAL, not ETHEREAL.</p>

<p>I OFFICIALY DECLARE A SEASON OF LOVE AND PEACE ON THIS THREAD.</p>

<p>That is all.</p>

<p>Fountain I'm with you, who says language has to be boring and sterile to be polite?</p>

<p>To whom it may concern,</p>

<p>My father is well known in the Business circles of Chicago and he says the WSJ ranking is about spot-on with what he knows.</p>

<p>please talk simple - big words make head hurt</p>

<p>I can tell you that in pretty much everyone that I have ever met (just go to the MBA forum, the only ranking everyone universally does not regard is WSJ) thinks WSJ is off. This is a ranking that rated Stanford 44(!) a couple years ago. Do you think ANYONE thinks CMU is better than Harvard/ Stanford/ Columbia????</p>

<p>As for the money made that is because Tuck grads tend to go into finance. All the top business school grads get equal salaries from the top firms. Ummm...I know this because I am in business school!!</p>

<p>There are many MBA rankings out there. Forbes rates Columbia #2 and Financial Times rates it #3. Does that mean I actually think it is in the top 3? No way. </p>

<p>Tuck is a top 10 school, just like Columbia, MIT, Chicago, Northwestern, etc. Its biggest benefit to Dartmouth College is that it brings recruiters to campus, which benefits the undergrads bigtime.</p>

<p>Xanatos, would ephemeral not be worse? It means short lived does it not (it has been a long time since 11th grade vocab quizzes)? So, "the short lived locales which occupy the business world?" He meant to put ethereal, which means heavenly or exquisite, there. Stop being a tool.</p>