Wanting To Get Into Northwestern

<p>I am currently a junior who is #2 in a very competitive class that has around three hundred students. My school only allowed AP classes for your junior and senior years, so my strength of class schedule may not be that strong. I have a 4.0 unweighted GPA. I got a 34 on my ACT (all of my scores were higher than a 32). I have around 100 hours of community service, i am in the student council, science club, newspaper, FCA, I was captain of my football team, captain of my basketball team, and captain of the baseball team. I am curious if i have a legit shot at being accepted. Thanks!</p>

<p>yes very legit shot. just over 50% were admitted w/ your rank & almost 60% were admitted w/ your ACT score. on these two pieces of info alone, your chances are 60%+.</p>

<p>You sure do. With your grades and scores, you have a legitimate shot at any university in the country...but remember, at schools like Northwestern and Cornell, where 30% of the applicants are accepted, even applicants that appear perfect on paper sometimes get denied admission. so be sure to give some serious thought to your essays and have a good "plan B" just in case. Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>I agree with the above posters. Any chances of you being recruited for athletics? Northwestern has a tough time recruiting athletes for their Big 10 teams who can also make it academically.</p>

<p>Also, apply ED. My bet is that you will get in.</p>

<p>very true the slipper. the 60% chances i listed are not accounting for ED. you a tremendous candidate.</p>

<p>out of curiosity...why northwestern? i think you could shoot even higher, but if you really like the school, then def ED there.</p>