<p>I’ve never been much of a political guy; got involved in some issues with the club rules and was removed from the position. I was later removed from a different position in another club.</p>
<p>One of the clubs was PTK…</p>
<p>I feel like this would hurt me when transferring? What could I do to possibly strength my app in other areas?</p>
<p>Depends what year you’re in, I assume you just finished up your first year. I would recommend trying to become officer in other clubs.</p>
<p>You don’t need to put that you were kicked out on your app.</p>
<p>Basically focus on your GPA, try to pick up new ECs</p>
<p>I finished up my second year and have 60 hours…</p>
<p>Most universities will only let you transfer two years worth of credits.</p>
<p>Some may even automatically disqualify you from the admissions process because you have more than 60 credits. Others may accept you, but will only take two years worth of credits and the rest will go to waste, so to speak. </p>
<p>I would suggest making up a list of places you want to attend to, and finding out from their website/email what their policies are, and then take a gap year/semester if you need to.</p>
<p>Be involved in other clubs/organizations! Universities love leadership experience so I highly recommend that you find another officer position to fill in. To strength your app in other areas:</p>
<p>1) Maintain a high GPA (above the acceptance GPA from the previous year, if possible)
2) Have strong work/internship experience related to your intended major
3) Have well written and honest personal statements explaining personal strife you’ve encountered and overcame and/or elaborating on your leadership/work/internship experience. </p>
<p>My advice to you is to indicate those particular positions that you had in your clubs, but not mention that you were kicked out of them. Just shorten the duration date for those positions. So let’s say your term is officially from September 2011-October 2012. Just indicate on your app that you had your position from September 2011-February 2012, etc.</p>
<p>Lol bro, just call it a college career already.
Pick up an app at your local fast food joint tomorrow…hahahaha.</p>