Long story short, I messed up in my time at my current/previous university. I had warnings and probations, and always go through, but, this year did a number on me, and I just couldn’t do it. All my motivation was zapped.
The first thing I realize is to not jump back into school right away. I need to go to counseling or therapy because my issues are more than just “being lazy” and I need to work out what I want and how to improve my mental wellbeing.
The problem is, after looking around for advice, the common path it seems is transfer to a community college and get my gpa up and transfer to a 4 year. However, I’m confused because community colleges don’t offer 4 year programs, so what would I be supposedly transferring into? I have tried looking up info and reaching out to the prospective colleges I’m looking at but I can’t seem to find info I need.
Would I simply be transferring into just being at the college and taking classes without having an end goal set up for a program?
If anyone has advice or experience in the subject I would really appreciate the help