Well I know Brown is known as the artsy college ..

<p>so would submitting some decent art (photography) of mine with my application help at all?
Will the fact that I have been a published photography do much to help my application?</p>

<p>I will let others answer whether it is useful to add a supplement to the application because I don't know. But I think the fact that you are accomplished in photography would be a great boost to your application.</p>

<p>if your submission is very good, then it would help you but no more so than at other colleges. brown's "artsy" reputation doesn't necessarily apply to admissions in that sense.</p>

<p>Alright that makes sense. If they don't consider my photography good, can it hurt my application?</p>

<p>Here is what Brown says about submitting art supplements:
Brown</a> Admission: About the Application</p>

<p>My daughter submitted a portfolio three years ago and, as it says in this link, it was sent to the Visual Art Department for review, and they took it from there. She is currently a VA major. I don't know if the portfolio helped her, but she was admitted.</p>

<p>What do you mean artsy college? I've just become interested in Brown, and don't know too much about it yet. I've looked at it's website several times, but I'd still like to get the human perspective...</p>

<p>It's very strong in the liberal arts - English and humanities are top-notch at Brown, and those include very artsy subjects like creative writing and comparative literature. Not to mention proximity to one of the top art schools in the country - if not THE top art school. RISD gives Brown students art resources that are hard to match at any other top university or LAC.</p>

<p>for Modupe, Brown also has many strong departments outside of English and humanities (my daughter was able to be accepted to PhD programs in Computer Science right out of undergrad), but perhaps many people consider it artsy because of proximity to RISD and the bent of the student body. Even my math/cs major considered bringing a portfolio to RISD to qualify for a class, and took a fiction writing workshop at Brown. I noticed Brown students tend to have many interests.</p>

<p>Undecided, review what the school says about materials submission. I suppose if you do submit, your work will have to be strong because it will be looked at in a pool of people who mean to dedicate themselves or have major related to this work. You didn't say if that was your primary goal, but if you have published work, that sounds like you are strong (unless you published in your kid sister's blog.) </p>

<p>Did you put an intended major? if not related, perhaps this would be better just under EC with publications noted, but I'm not sure. Multidimensional people are liked at Brown.</p>

<p>I submitted a recording (I'm an instrumentalist) with my application - no clue how it affected my decision (if at all), but I got in. I would talk to your photography teacher - if she/he thinks it is good enough to help your decision, then go for it. Remember, however, that a LOT of people submit mediocre artwork.</p>