hey fellow wes class of 2026! i’d like to start off with that i’m over the moon to be going to wesleyan, and i can’t wait to meet everyone. i’m also glad to know where i’m going and just getting excited about new opportunities and classes and everything i’ve loved about wes since i toured. i’m also just in a state of shock and happiness about getting into my top choice and i feel like i haven’t had the opportunity to fully process it yet haha (especially considering how nervous i was ever since i submitted my application).
ok so some background about me (and my stats lol):
I’m from Wilmington Delaware, and I go to the top highschool in my state (it is a charter school, not a private, but i am still privileged to go to a school that carries weight in admissions decisions, and by being in such a small state.) I’m white, female, gay, and do not play any sports, though i participate in competitve marching band. My interests are in government and environmental studies in terms of academics. In terms of personal interests, i love music (phoebe bridgers and taylor swift are my favs), jewelry, crafts, and writing.
- 4.41 weighted GPA, 3.9 unweighed
- NO TEST SCORES SUBMITTED (which i worried about initially but it seems to have worked out!) but i got a 1340. not bad ofc, but not wes good, yk?
- 6 AP’s, three last year and three this year. 4 on Bio, 4 on APUSH, and 5 on Lang. this year i am in APES, US Gov, and Lit.
- All honors classes except a sophomore elective in international relations
- teacher recs from my international relations teacher who i am a Teacher Assistant for and my AP Lang teacher (two humanities)
Extracurriculars/Activities on my commonapp:
- Marching band for 5 years (trumpet), indoor drumline for 5 years (section leader), Youth in Government state champion/state leader and national finisher for Judicial, Model UN leader, Envirothon forestry representative, LGBTQ student union leader, HS Democrats president, small business owner (i make and sell jewelry, moreso over covid when everything was cancelled), and summer camp counselor! (typing that out makes it seem like a lot… phew)
- My essay was about growing up catholic and gay, and coming to terms with my self identity and how that affected my appreciation of education and self expression. i spent the most time on this part of the application, and it was very personal to me.
also: i applied for financial aid. the main reason i was able to apply ED to wes was because of their amazing aid, i was in shock (in a good way) when i saw that the cost of college as wesleyan would be CHEAPER than my state school (even after state school merit) which i thought would never ever be possible. I wouldn’t be able to go without the aid.
So there you go! that’s a lot about me haha. again, i can’t wait to meet everyone and am beyond excited to go to wes!