What are my chances at Cal Poly-SLO, Texas A&M, Stanford,...?

<p>I am a white male planning on majoring in civil engineering and applying to colleges this fall, and out of state to all of the following schools.</p>

<p>Cal Poly- San Luis Obispo
Texas A&M
UT-Austin
Stanford (its a reach)</p>

<p>SAT: M-780 CR-680 W-650
GPA 3.95 uw 4.6 w
IB program
75+ hours of community service
not many ec's
-spanish nat. honor society
-treasurer of Do something club
-will be in NHS senior yr</p>

<p>Do you live in Texas? If so, you will automatically get into UT if you're in the top 8% of your class and A&M if you're top 10% (which, judging your GPA, you most likely are). If you're from out of state, I would say you still stand a pretty decent chance to get into those schools as well. (Though don't that too much to heart; you never know. I've heard that they've had problems with over-enrollment just with the guaranteed in-state students.) I can't really comment on Cal Poly or Stanford (I started my own thread about Stanford). </p>

<p>Good luck, it sounds like we have similar taste in interests and schools.</p>

<p>You're out of state for all of these?
Cal Poly- San Luis Obispo- 93% in-state. high reach.
Texas A&M- 97% in-state. high reach.
UT-Austin- 92% in-state. reach.
(these three have relatively high overall acceptance rates)
Stanford- 43% in-state but an 8% acceptance rate. high reach.</p>

<p>These schools are all extremely difficult to get into out-of-state, because they are forced by their states to take a certain amount of in-state students.</p>

<p>Your stats are good- very similar to mine. But not that good.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>You would definitely get into Cal Poly, the don't often see scores like yours and OOS, paying those fees is not something many want to do. </p>

<p>Stanford? Highly unlikely. CR is very low there and ECs are very important. Don't know about texas.</p>

<p>your shot at Stanford is really low. I would advise saving your money/time and not apply there.</p>

<p>You can definitely get in Cal Poly and Texas A&M. </p>

<p>UT-Austin's engineering program is really difficult to get into (especially for OOS), but you'll have a chance of getting in. I think this can be your reach school. </p>

<p>Another thing to consider is that out of your list, all but A&M are liberal schools. A&M is a very conservative school in a small town. Have you consider the college life aspect during your college selection?</p>