- US Citizen, Utah Resident
- Public high school
- Gender/Race: White female
- Dad attended college but dropped out, mom got a GED but no further education. Mom is deceased, raised by a single dad, low income family.
Intended Major(s) Nursing, Human Biology, Health Administration, or similar majors
GPA, Rank, and Test Scores
- Unweighted HS GPA: 3.997 (one A- on the quarter system)
- Weighted HS GPA: my school doesn’t do weighted GPA. Don’t know if UC/CSU weighted GPA applies to me as an out of state, but if so I believe I am about a 4.35 weighted using online calculators.
- Class Rank: 19 out of 382, top 5%, I believe everyone above me has a 4.0
- ACT/SAT Scores: 30 composite, 32E, 28M, 29R, 31S. I take it a second time in July.
- Still waiting on AP scores but I expect AP Lang (3 or 4) AP US History (3)
Honors Biology, Honors Secondary Math 1, Honors Geography, Honors English 9, Spanish 1
3.5 additional credits/classes of regular electives or required classes
Honors Chemistry, Honors Secondary Math 2, Honors World Civilizations, Honors English 10, Spanish 2
3.75 additional credits/classes of regular electives or required classes
Honors Secondary Math 3, AP US History, AP English Language, CNA course through local technical college, Regular Physics, Regular US Government
4 additional credits/classes of regular electives or required classes
Intended Senior Year:
AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP Biology, English 2010 (college intermediate writing), Spanish 3, Medical Anatomy & Physiology, & an internship (if I am not able to do my internship I will replace it with AP Calculus)
No super notable awards, just a few small awards locally and at my school
HOSA (future health professionals) council officer - Historian (10th) Co-Vice President (11th) applying for President for 12th
Drama Club council member - Secretary (11th) Deck Manager in spring play (11th) Historian (12th)
Inducted into International Thespian Society (11th & 12th)
Gay Straight Alliance council member - Co-President (11th & 12th)
NJHS and NHS member (9th through 12th)
Educational Talent Search (ETS, college advising) (8th through 12th)
Choir (3rd through 10th)
Applied to be a Volunteer Blood Donor Ambassador through American Red Cross, should hear back within the next few days
Smaller Extra Curriculars I’ve Done:
Music Manager in Honors Choir (9th)
Public Relations in Musical Theatre class (9th)
Still brainstorming but am looking at UCs and CSUs & will apply to University of Utah as my in state university. Am looking for any suggestions on other match, reach, and safety schools as I am still exploring my options. I know out of state will be expensive, but am not crossing anything off purely on cost, although it is kept in mind. Want to stay west coast although I am open to anything.