What are my chances at University of Reno, University of Arizona, and Cal Poly Pomona.

I am currently attending community college iSadly, my overall gpa is a 2.3. I have taken 28 total units with 10 of them being from my calculus classes. I got a C in my first one and I failed Calc 2 my second semster. My first semester gpa was a 2.6 as the C being in a 5 unit class, weighed heavily on my gpa. Second semester was a little bit better, but like the first semester; the F really put a dent making second semester a 2.1 gpa. I am currently retaking my math class and hope to get an A or a B which would bring my second semester grade up to a 3.0, making my overall gpa, somewhere around a 2.8. That’s with the replaced F. I understand that Arizona and Reno have high acceptance rate and yes I understand Cal Poly would be near impossible; however, I just want to confirm that my chances are close to zero. Please lemme know what you guys think, and I don’t need to be told that “college is not for me”.

What are your test scores?? A good test score could change everything for your situation. With that GPA, I’d put Arizona as a High Match/low reach.

As a transfer, the colleges don’t really consider tests taken in high school. What counts is what you’ve done in your community college.
If you are a California Resident, Cal Poly Pomona will accept a minimum of 2.0. Out of state students need to have admissions requirements completed along with a minimum of 2.4.
https://www.cpp.edu/~admissions/undergraduate/transfer/index.shtml

Apply because you never know.

Be prepared to pay full fees of close of $40K per year if you are OOS.

CPP will accept a minimum transfer GPA of 2.0 but much will depend on upon your major. Impacted majors will need a significantly higher GPA than the 2.0.

Also, where do you live? If you don’t currently attend citrus college or mount san Antonio college you’re out of their local admissions area and required to have a higher GPA to be considered. Not to be discouraging, but I would consider it a far reach for you unless you’ve completed all of your golden four and 60 units and nearly all major prereqs and nothing in progress. Maybe take another year at CC to get that GPA up and have a better shot

Is calculus required for your major? Because such difficulties in Calc2 bode ill for any stem major and that will factor into their decision. CSU Monterey, CSU San Marcos, CSU Channel Islands, San Bernardino would likely accept you if you do get that 3.0 or if you apply for a non impacted major.