What are my chances for Tufts, UChicago, Dartmouth, Bates, Carnegie Mellon and JHU

I am a rising senior and would love any input regarding my chances of getting admitted in to the follow schools

Safety:
Northeastern
UCONN

Target/Reach:
Bates
Tufts
UChicago
Jhu
Carnegie Mellon
Darthmouth
Brown

My GPA weighted: 4.5
SATs (not superscored):
CR- 730
Math- 760
Writing- 680

I will be taking the SAT for the third time in October

SAT IIs:

Physics- 760
Biology- 720
Math 2- 690 (probably won’t be submitting this one)

Sports:
Varsity swimming since freshman year (all conference sophomore year, junior year)
I also swim year round with my club team (have been doing that since I was eight)

100 fly time: 1:02
100 free time: 55
50 free time: 25 mid

I hope to swim d3 if possible in college

Extracurriculars:

Special Olympics (swimming)- spring of my sophomore and junior year and my senior year
Volunteered at a children’s hospital reading to the kids in the waiting room (summer before junior year, 3 hours per week)
Volunteered at a children’s museum (summer before senior year, probably 20 hours)
Researched at Conn. College in a pschyology lab for a month (authored in final poster and will be presented at a conference)
Researched at UCONN health center in a cancer immunotherapy lab during my junior year (100 hours)
Mini Dental and Medical Program at UConn health center in the spring of my sophomore year (probably 25-30 hours)
Advisory Club (my sophomore and junior year and senior year)
Big Brothers Big Sister (my junior and senior year)

AP exams:
AP Bio -5
AP Physics 1- 5
Ap Physics 2- 5
AP Language and Composition- 4

Recommendations:
History Teacher
Advanced Research Mentorship Teacher (this should be a good recommendation because she knows me very really)

Could ask one of my research mentors as an additional rec

Thank you for all of the help!

To me, you have one match/low match (Northeastern), one safety (UConn), and a bunch of reaches and low reaches.

If you are OK going to Northeastern or UConn, you are fine. If not – because there is no guarantee you will get into any of the other schools; likely, but not guaranteed – I suggest adding at least a couple of more match schools.

Examples of matches for you would include most good state schools OOS, Boston U, Case Western, Wake Forest, Tulane, St. Olaf, Denison, Sewanee, Richmond. A couple of high matches might include schools like Colorado College, Holy Cross, Brandeis and U Rochester.

@NEcollege3254 Have you submitted the recruiting questionnaires for these schools? Have you sent transcripts to coaches? Have you had any discussions at all with coaches?

Yes I have submitted questionaires but I have only met/talked to over email to a few of the coaches. Should I be more proactive?

Thank you so much for the input. I am ok going to northeastern and uconn if I don’t get in to the other schools. Thank you again

@NEcollege3254 Did any coaches suggest you visit them?

I have emailed them and asked to met them. No coaches have initiated a meeting though. @BatesParents2019

I’m going to chance you based on the possibility that swimming is just a varsity EC, not recruitment.

Your SAT score (right now) is actually a great score, just you are applying for top schools, so it won’t really help you. Dartmouth has an average SAT of around 2100, so you have an average score. You are on the lower range of JHU SATs. But test scores aren’t the only things.

Is your courseload difficult for your school?

It looks like you have a good chunk of research, which is good, but keep in mind that there are many applicants to schools like Dartmouth who have many more prestigious awards and have research experience at programs with low acceptance rates. The UConn program seems like have a high acceptance, but it is good you had some sort of work during the summer.

I’d say Northeastern is NOT a safety; more like a match school. UConn might be a safety since you seem in-state, but also consider 1 more safety perhaps, with a higher acceptance. One that you still really like, but better safe than sorry!

Besides Northeastern, I think that Carnegie Mellon could be a high match, same with Bates. The other ones all look like reaches, high reaches with JHU, Dartmouth, UChicago, Brown.

Brown is so different from Northeastern in my opinion; Northeastern is one of my top choices, but I didn’t like Brown at all. I see JHU, Northeastern, UConn, Tufts (somewhat), Dartmouth (somewhat) being in a category, the others seem different. Just wondering maybe what you’re thinking of majoring in?

I suggest more match schools! And another safer safety.

Unless you are in the top 25%, don’t consider any small school with a 25% acceptance rate or lower a “match”.

Dartmouth’s average SAT score in 2014 was about 2200

JHU’s was around 2150

So – a 2170 will likely get you over the “test score hurdle” at each school. Brown’s average is competitive with those two schools.

U Chicago’s admits have an average SAT of around 2250.

If a division 3 coach wants to have a meeting with their recruit, does it necessarily mean that they’re highly interested or rather that they just want to put a face to their profile?

@TheNICKNAME I would assume it is positive. If the coach suggests an overnight it is even better.

I am think biology with a minor in Econ. I agree that adding more safety schools
Is probably better. Thank you! @Iushlillies