What are my chances for Yale or similar Ivies?

<p>Hi, I want to apply to ivy league schools and this is a pretty good example of my resume looks like. What do you think my chances are?</p>

<p>GPA: (unweighted) 3.94
SAT Reasoning Test: 2190
Critical Reading: 710
Math: 710
Writing: 770
SAT Subject Tests:
Biology E: 760
World History: 780</p>

<p>Honors:
National Merit Scholar
All State Band (4 years)
All State Jazz Band (1 year)
Governors Honors (Music)</p>

<p>Extracurriculars/ Volunteer
Jazz Band
Pep Band
Atlanta Youth Wind Symphony
National Honor Society
National Beta Club (over 100 volunteer hours)
Jazz for Peace Volunteer (distinguished nonprofit organization that provides funding for other businesses, etc.)</p>

<p>Job Experience:
GA Youth Referee (2 years)
Chic-fil-a (3 years)</p>

<p>My essays and references are excellent.
Give me some feedback. </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>as good as most people's.</p>

<p>Low, just like everyone else that's not a recruit.</p>

<p>In reviewed admissions results posted on line, it appears to me that the chances for unhooked applicants starts tailing off once SATI get below 2200.</p>

<p>Bringing up your math and critical reading could help quite a bit.</p>

<p>@UT84321</p>

<p>Alright so he's 10 points away. That would be ridiculous to retake a 2190 with a 2200 as your goal. Statistically there is absolutely no difference. OP, don't get caught up with certain number (like 2200). Sure, your SAT could be better and it would help, but your scores definitely show them that you could handle Yale-level course work. I say you have as good chances as anyone else. Your SAT scores wouldn't be your reason for rejection.</p>

<p>I think you have a decent chance if your essays and recommendations are excellent. With your scores the decision really comes down to how you express yourself in your essays. If you haven't sent in your application, you should make sure at least one of your essays deal with music.</p>

<p>yeah bringing up your sat score by 10 points won't help much. i think an ok chance</p>