What are my chances of getting into a top high school like Lawreville or Andover?

Hello! I am an 8th grader, applying to 9th grade in Peddie, Lawrenceville, Andover, and Exeter.

I was just wondering what my chances of getting accepted were, and if I could have a few tips on writing essays.

My SSAT Score is above the 97th percentile
My grades worry me. I have gotten 2 B’s in every grade, and the rest of my grades were A’s. I hope this will not affect my chances too much.
I have gotten great comments on my report cards
I did pretty well in my interviews

I am involved in 3 school clubs
I won 1st place in my school science fair
I lead two community service efforts
I play squash and I want to try fencing
I won an invention contest in 5th grade
I am involved in my school’s chambers strings, and I am 1st chair in my school’s orchestra
I received an award in 5th grade
I am interested and in space exploration

Do you think my chances are good? Are there any tips I could use for when writing my essays?
Thank you so much!

Your scores certainly look good. I wouldn’t worry about the B’s too much. The top schools place emphasis on kids ho can pay in full without financial aid. So if your parents can pay, then it makes it easier for you.

Here are a few tips:

Don’t lead every paragraph with “I did…”. Use variety in your sentences. Emphasize how you would be involved in several different ECs, especially sports. They always need more athletes.

Check your spelling…Lawrenceville not Lawreville.

Getting in as a day student is often much harder than as a boarder.

Best of luck