What are my chances of getting into an Ivy League School or Stanford?

<p>I am currently a junior female in my high school. My top school I want to apply to is UPenn because I am interested in a business major and possibly a computer science minor. </p>

<p>Cumulative GPA:
Non-weighted: 4.0
Weighted: 4.38
Rank: 1 out of 521
International Baccalaureate Program
Took guitar lessons (2007-2009) then self-taught
Member of Badminton team (2010-2011)
School Choir (2011-2012)
Took fashion illustration lessons (2012)
Member of Academic Decathlon (2010—)
Member of California Scholarship Federation (2010—)
Secretary of Future Business Leaders of America (2011—)
Vice President of National Honor Society (2010—)
Founder and Co-president of Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter (2012—)
Co-founder of Prep By Step organization, an non-school organization that aims to alert the local communities of disaster preparedness and gathers donations to provide supplies for individuals and households that are unable to provide supplies for themselves (2011—)
Founder of Miss Munar Bracelet Company, a business in which I sell handmade bracelets and donate the profits to charity organizations (2012—)
Volunteer at Senior Sunrise Center (2011—)
Volunteer at La Palma Library (2011—)
Volunteer for the “Beauty in You” Project at the Boys & Girls Club (2012-2013)
Part of my school’s Recycling Program, a program in which I go by classrooms once a week emptying paper recycling bins (2012—)
1 of 7 students selected to take First Year Chemistry Test hosted by Orange County American Chemistry Society (2012)
Received scholarship and inclusion in the United States Achievement Academy National Yearbook (2012)
Placed in top ranks in the FBLA Section and State Conference on desktop publishing and word processing competitive events
Attended National Teen Leadership Program
I have a YouTube Music Channel
I perform culture shows around my district and on my school’s stage
I organized a Child Abuse Awareness project in which we arranged a toy drive, a garage sale, and a benefit concert in order to encourage the involvement of the community and raised $1,000 to donate to the Orangewood Children’s Foundation.</p>

<p>My SAT score is low, and has not passed 2000, but I only took the test once.</p>

<p>The Ivy League is an athletic conference. They are not the top eight schools in the country. There are about 50 schools that are “Ivy” in quality. Dartmouth/Penn/Brown couldnt be more different to each other. </p>

<p>Take your time, be true to yourself re size, setting, weather, etc… and find YOUR school.</p>

<p>Good Luck.</p>

<p>If getting into one of the 8 Ivies or Stanford is your goal, then you may need to raise your test scores. Having a long laundry list of activities won’t necessarily compensate for relatively weak scores. I think those colleges will be interested in seeing evidence of “passion”, commitment, and accomplishment in a few ECs. They get applicants who have acted on Broadway, competed in the Olympics, performed in concert halls, or authored books. That’s the level of extracurricular competition you may be up against when your scores are in the bottom quartile and you have no “hooks”. </p>

<p>I agree with swish14, though. There are many more excellent schools than just those 9.</p>

<p>You will need to elevate your SAT scores.</p>

<p>Your chances are less than 10%, like everyone else that applies to those schools! Step 1 - get yourself a good college guide so you can also find colleges that you have better odds of admissions. I recommend the Fiske Guide.</p>

<p>I’d say you’d have a solid shot at Penn, Cornell, maybe even Dartmouth if you get your SAT score to at least the mid-2200’s or 34+ ACT. Also make sure to get at least 750+ on 2 SAT subject tests. Any of the Ivies, Stanford, MIT, Chicago sure are damned hard to get into these days. Just make sure that you show your passions through your essays and recs. Also make sure that you’re not just applying due to the prestige but that the school fits with accomplishing your future plans and is a good fit personality-wise.</p>

<p>*Take back my “solid shot” claim on Penn. It seems that you want to do business, so that means you would apply to Wharton. Wharton is about as hard to get into as Harvard and Yale. Apply ED to max your chances.</p>