What are my chances of getting into Ball State or FSU with a 3.2 GPA and a score of 840 on the PSAT?

I’m a junior and my PSAT scores just came in, and I only have an 840. 440 in math and 400 in english. Everyone else I have talked to have gotten a 1100 or higher. They say my chance aren´t very high, and if not, how can I make my score higher so I can get into Ball State?

Keep in mind that your PSAT might not be your score on the SAT. You should look into studying for the SAT by using resources like Khan Academy and UWorld. FSU has a program for the summer called summer bridge, but you have to be a first generation college student. That program has lower requirements, however you would have to start during the summer. I am unfamiliar with Ball State so I’m not sure about your chances with them.

Thank you @NewPhoneWhoDis. Much appreciated.