What are my chances of getting into Brown, Carnegie Mellon, Hopkins, MIT, or Yale?

I am a freshman with the highest GPA in my class with a 4.57 (4.0 unweighted). I want to major in Biology and minor in Political Science. The ultimate goal is to become an Emergency Physician.

My current schedule, with grades in parentheses:

Pre-AP World History Honors (98 A+)
Research Biology Honors (99 A+)
Algebra 2/ Trigonometry Honors (96 A) It’ll go up to a 97 soon, though this makes no difference.
English 9 Honors (98 A+)
Latin 3 (100 A+)
Introduction to Business and Marketing (100 A+)
Health and PE 9 (100 A+)

I’ll be taking Math Analysis (Honors Pre-calculus with an introduction to calculus) over the summer. All Honors and DE( Dual Enrollment) classes get a 0.5 GPA bump, and AP Classes get a 1.0 GPA bump. My projected GPA is 4.98 (4.0 unweighted).

Over the next three years, I’ll be taking:

10th Grade 11th Grade 12th Grade
AP World History AP US History AP US Gov/ AP Comparative Gov
Research Chemistry Honors Research Physics Honors AP Physics C
AP Calculus BC Multivariable Calculus DE Online DE Differential Equations and Linear Algebra
English 10 Honors AP Language and Composition AP Literature and Composition
AP Biology AP Chemistry Independent Science Research DE
AP Statistics AP Macro/Microeconomics Survey of African History DE
Health and PE 10/ Driver’s Ed AP Psychology AP Human Geography

Before anyone asks, yes I am genuinely interested in all of these classes, and yes it has been approved by my guidance counselor. Online DE Differential Equations and Linear Algebra is not offered at my school. I will run out of math classes before senior year, so I will dual enroll with the local community college to take the classes, hopefully for college credit.

My projected stats based on my PSAT scores are:

-SAT Math: 760
-SAT Reading/ Writing: 780
-ACT Composite: 34
-5’s projected by school for all AP tests, except for a 4 for BC Calc.
-Taking SAT Subject Tests in (all scores are projected):
-French (without listening, I’m half deaf) 800
- Latin 800
-US History 760
-World History 770
-Math Level 2 770
- Biology M 780
-Chemistry 790
-Physics 770

Awards as of right now: Presidential Award for Educational Excellence in Elementary and Middle School, Girl Scout Bronze, Silver, and Gold (in progress) Awards, 6 nationally recognized Latin awards, and Foreign Language Student of the Class of 2021.

My extra-curricular activities are: school theater (to date two productions in high school, 7 before then) Partner’s to Students with Disabilities Club, FBLA, GSA, founder of an ASL club in middle school (there is one at my high school, but I for some odd reason do not qualify to join), and Girl Scouts since I was 5.

I understand that I need to have leadership positions and more activities. I’ll add more extra-curricular activities next year, but this year I had to lay low. Extremely long story short: I was being attacked by MS-13, so I moved, and for this year I had to keep a low profile so they wouldn’t find me.

My counselor advised me that Ivy League schools look for something extraordinary outside of your academics, whether that be your circumstances or your extra-curricular activities. I’m deaf in my right ear, caused by the cancer-causing, eventually fatal nerve disease that I have. It causes me not to be able to walk occasionally and toys with my senses. Some days I can barely see, or I wake up and can’t hear anything. It’s extremely weird. I was born with a slight hearing loss in my right ear and grew up with deaf twins as best friends. Since I could never hear what adults were saying perfectly, I preferred the way that I communicated with my friends: ASL. I consider ASL to be my first language, since when I think, the thoughts appear in my head in ASL with an interpreter. I learned English, French, Latin, and Spanish in that order. I speak all of those languages fluently, except Spanish, in which I am about half fluent. I went to middle school where most people spoke just Spanish, so I picked it up. I saw on another thread not to talk about mental illness so I would definitely leave that out of my essay. My guidance counselor said that these things might help. Criticisms, questions, and suggestions welcome.

Basic Information:
State: Virginia
Ethnicity: 1/4 Asian, 1/8 African, the rest White
Sex: Female
Income: 190K+

I really appreciate any help that the CC community can give to me. Thank you for reading that whole thing!

You’re on the right track. Id recommend staying off CC for another year though.

You can’t accurately predict what you will score on the AP tests, SAT subject tests, or even the SAT or ACT. The only indicators will be from actual practice tests. Predicted scores for the AP tests and subject test scores can not be that accurate when you haven’t even started the class yet. But, besides that, you will be fine for college admissions. Keep your grades up and gradually continue strengthening your extracurriculars. Also, make sure that you don’t go through high school solely with the purpose of getting into the Ivy League, make sure you enjoy it! I have struggled with this myself, but it is crucial that you remember that you will be fine no matter you end up. You have the drive that will let you succeed wherever you end up.You have your future cut out for you, but I think you can do it!

Ps: I am currently a HS Junior, so take of that what you will

As a freshman, you can’t really predict your grades, sat, etc accurately (as the user above me has pointed out). A lot depends on… well a lot. I’m a junior currently as well, and I really think you should focus on broadening your extracurriculars (grades look great, keep that up). Your ethnicity is basically white as well, meaning you’ll need to push yourself a bit harder than the others, but you’re already doing great. Don’t expect an accurate Ivy prediction just yet though- your scores aren’t “real”- wait 1-2 more years for that. until then, good luck!

A lot can change in 3 years. Can’t chance you when you only have one semester of grades. Can’t chance you based on “projected” scores. You’re a freshman. Chill. Also your middle/elementary school awards don’t matter in college admissions.

Like everyone else above me has pointed out, just chill. Do what you enjoy and do as good in school as possible, but you should not be on CC in your freshman year. Your interests may change, and the entirety of your scores is just a set of predictions, which are meaningless. You can really only have a meaningful chance thread in your junior year, once you’ve taken these tests, and done some more outside of school.

Everyone is so right to ask you to wait. but, I will try to answer his chances today.

I’m using our high school as an example to give some statistical chance as a freshman. School is located in upper income and ranked maybe top 40+ in the state. Past 6 years, our high school has produced 100+ students with all A on each freshman year. In the senior years we are down to 20+ students with all A for all 4 years, Within that time spend, we had maybe 10 students attending elite colleges.

Roughly 1.6 million freshman attending high school each year. I’m guessing 10% has similar results. you are one of 160,000 students today. Good Luck and hope to see your post in 3 years as one of 10 from your high school.

I thought your application was wonderful!! Keep doing what your doing. Also, I happen to be a crazy academic as well. I skipped the seventh grade and it has been a steady climb from their. I can say with total confidence that with your mentality, you will go far.

*there