<p>150+ hours of community service
Decent extracurriculars (board member of 2 clubs and active member in others including NHS)
Live in U.S. but born in eastern Europe
Trilingual</p>
<p>Applying in state early action
So basically what are my chances of getting into the university of Miami?</p>
<p>Also is the school’s campus nice? I’ve heard iced reviews and am curious to see what you guys think.</p>
<p>Hm this is a tough one. On one hand, UM’s been working on its reputation now for a few years so they’ve been pretty good to people with an SAT like yours. on the other hand, it is a pretty low class rank. I would say yes, because, assuming you go to an IB school, your class is probably pretty smart/small, both of which help deflect the rank. Additionally, like you said, the grades have been on an upward trend, which should be helpful. </p>
<p>As for the actual campus, it is true that a lot of the buildings (especially the monstrous freshman dorms) are constructed out of ugly, brutalist architecture. But I would think that the recent campus upgrades, like the big expansion of trees on campus, and the amazing incoming student union (seriously, it takes up all the tuition; it has to be fantastic) should offset that. At the middle of the campus is good ole lake osceola, which has a very pretty fountain for instagram photos at sunset, as well as a lot of fish, ducks, waterfowl, and south florida wildlife. I like the natural prescence on campus, personally. Besides, the obvious best thing about the campus is that it’s 75 degrees in the middle of January.</p>
<p>Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I found out today that I was rejected, I’m not too upset about it as I probably wouldn’t have gone anyway and I could always transfer. I was a little surprised especially when I found that a friend with the same grades but much lower SAT got deferred.</p>
<p>After 8 straight acceptances when I gave a low match rating, this is the first rejection under that rating… I guess, an 8-1 record in low matches is a good record.</p>