<p>Junior in TX
Top Quarter (Hyper-competitive school)
I have a 3.85ish GPA (out of 4)
SAT: 1800 (first attempt) 1940 (second) Hoping for 2000+ (third)
SAT II: History, French, Math, Biology (two out of these choices, will be taking it next year)</p>
- Varsity Ice Hockey all 4 years (assistant captain this year, maybe captain next year)
- Summer Ice Hockey League for 2 years
- Prep Hockey League during Freshman year
- Houston Travel League during Sophomore year. (We traveled to Dallas and Austin throughout the year)
(Yes, I'm very passionate about hockey)
- National Honors Society (Volunteering and Leadership) (Member: 2 years)
- Interact Club (Volunteering) (Member: 4 years)
- Earth Club (Promoting Recycling / Recycling in school) (Member: 2 years)
- French Club (Member: 3 years) I'm Treasurer this year, Vice-President next year.
- YES program (Volunteer Program)
- I've completed 100+ community service hours
- This summer, I'll be volunteering every weekday at the Memorial Hermann Hospital for 3 months. (I want to major in some pre-Med course, and I'll get more than 130 community service hours from that)
-Total community hours are around 250</p>
At my competitive high school, there are only advanced and honors/AP courses. Advanced are "easier".
I took 1 honors freshmen year, 2 sophomore, 3 junior, and I'll be taking 5 senior year.</p>
<p>AP Exams: This year I'll be taking US History AP, and French AP.
Next year, I'll be taking Bio, Gov't, Human Geo and Calc AB.</p>
- 1st Prize for Poetry at Texas French Symposium (State Level)
- 1st Prize for Fastest Skater in ISHL (Hockey League)</p>
I'm a minority, I have lived in 6 different countries throughout my life (I'll definitely stress that in my essay and talk about being open-minded and cultural), and I won the State Prize for French Poetry during my sophomore year. (If that counts in any way)</p>
<p>What are my chances?
Thanks for your input.
What else should I do?</p>