What are my chances of getting into these colleges with these stats?

<p>I am going to be a senior after this summer. I want t major in neuroscience. Here are my list of colleges:
UCLA (TOP CHOICE)
UC SAN DIEGO
U OF PITTSBURGH
U OF MICHIGAN (ANN ARBOR)
U OF VIRGINIA
U OF CHICAGO
BORWN
BOSTON U</p>

<p>Here are my grades so far:</p>

<p>9th grade
English 9th Speech B+
English 9th Writing A
English 9th Literature A+
World Studies A+ both semesters
Formal Geometry A (Sem 1) B (Sem 2)
Honors Earth Science A (Sem 1) A+ (Sem 2)
CADD 1 B+
CADD 2 B-
Computer Concepts I A-
Computer Concepts II A</p>

<p>10th grade
AP US History A both semester
AP Biology A both semester
AP Psychology A+ both semester
Honors English 10 A+ both semester
Advanced Algebra 2 A- (1st semester) A (2nd semester)
3-D Art A+
Health A+
Woods Materials B</p>

<p>I plan to take the follwing in 11th grade
AP Chemistry A- A+
AP Language and Composition A A+
AP European History A+ A
Sociology A+
Pre Calculus A-
Trigonometry A-
Child Development A+
Parenting A+</p>

<p>For 12th grade, I am taking...
AP physics
AP Literature and Composition
AP US Government
AP Calculus
AP Art History</p>

<p>My extra curricular....
3 summers of volunteering at the Public Library (120 so far)
2 years of volunteering at major hospital (120 hours so far, around 300 by the time i graduate)
School:
Speech Club (sophomore, I went to all states!) - 3 years
Science Olympiad (3 years)
SHEPH (Students Helping to Eliminate Poverty and HUnger), active member
Key Club ( 2 years, active volunteer, around 60 hours so far)
ESL Partner Program (you teach english to new foreigns students)
Story County Youth Philanthropy Group, Board of Directors (we give our 5000 dollars to the community, we grant it)
I am in The National Society of High School Scholars
NHS, leadership position
No sports, no instruments
My school is very competitive, but I would say I rank in the top 5 percent</p>

<p>GPA: 3.946, unweighted. Highest gpa = 4.0 at our school</p>

<p>I took the sats once, got a 1990
i will take it again, studying from the official college board book
will also take the acts, hoping around 31-34 ish</p>

<p>took 2 subject tests in june, chem and us history.
history for sure 750 plus, not sure about chem. may be 700+</p>

<p>I apologize for being so long, but I am a little worried. I want to be cognizant of my chances before I get too excited.</p>

<p>Thank you so much!</p>

<p>Good Fit - U of Pittsburgh, U of Michigan, U of Virginia
Low Reach - Boston University, UC San Diego
Mid Reach - UCLA
High Reach - Brown, U of Chicago</p>

<p>Your best bet of admission is to UPitt. I wouldn't call it a safety, though. You have a chance at UCLA, but the odds are slightly against you from what you've listed so far. You can apply for Brown and UChicago, but unless you're a recruited athlete, come from a poor family, or are a racial minority (Hispanic, African American, or Native American), your chances of getting in are very, very slim.</p>

<p>Best of luck on all your apps!</p>

<p>I might add, I will take 2 to 3 State university classes
I live in Iowa, BTW, so i know it will be hard to get into UC schools.
Thanks again.</p>

<p>Iowa... that's unfortunate since UCLA is your top school. :/</p>

<p>You really do still have a shot though, your SAT is within range. I'd really put effort into your essays, emphasize your passions, strengthen your EC's and keep up your GPA, and you'll be a serious candidate. Good luck again!</p>

<p>The UCs are actively looking for OOS students, and there are not many fom Iowa who want to pay the OOS price, so I'd say that while higher SATs would help, UCLA is not out of the question. If you can afford it, I'd apply.</p>

<p>I'm assuming full pay at every school, if not, terrible list.</p>

<p>Yes, you can assume full pay. However, I will also apply for minority scholarship because I am Asian (Nepalease) and I've lived her for 5 years with citizenship.</p>

<p>My knowledge of the whole race / admissions complex is a little lacking, but I don't think Asian counts as an under-represented minority, if that is what you mean by "However, I will also apply for minority scholarship because I am Asian (Nepalease) and I've lived her for 5 years with citizenship." No offense.</p>

<p>I actually did not know that! Thank You, and I did not take any offense. How can you check that? the whole under-represented thing?</p>

<p>Wait a sec...i thought Asians WERE minorities?</p>

<p>^They are. But they're not "under-represented" minorities (URMs). Under-represented minorities include Hispanics, Native Americans, and African Americans. Anyone from these three groups is a URM and thus has a so-called "hook" that may assist slightly in getting admit to certain colleges.</p>

<p>From what I've seen, I'd say being Asian will probably hurt more than help, since so many of them have outstanding scores and are vying for a limited number of spots in top colleges.</p>

<p>But once again, you have a good shot at all schools listed, and will be admitted to at least a few of them, probably more.</p>

<p>Thanks for clearing that up and thanks a lot to everyone for the input. I appreciated it.</p>

<p>I believe that being Nepalese does not count as being an underrepresented minority.</p>

<p>On the CommonApp, you will have to fill in a section about demographics that looks like [url=<a href="http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6092/captureqor.jpg%5Dthis%5B/url"&gt;http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6092/captureqor.jpg]this[/url&lt;/a&gt;]. There, "Asian" is the only option, though I am sure you can mention your country of origin elsewhere (in an essay, etc.).</p>

<p>Best of luck!</p>