What are my chances to transfer from NYU to UPenn?

<p>I am a sophomore at NYU. I want to transfer from NYU to UPenn College of Arts and Sciences for Fall 2012. Chance me. </p>

<p>College GPA: 3.763 after two semesters. Hopefully I get it higher after my sophomore year.
NYU Presidential Scholars Honors Program.
NYU Dean's Honor List.
I am in a few on-campus/off-campus clubs. Hopefully I have great recommendations. </p>

<p>High School GPA: 3.84
SAT: 610 R, 700 M, 690 W. </p>

<p>Race: African. </p>

<p>Low-income.</p>

<p>Well, I'll also be a sophomore next year at NYU looking to transfer out as well! We're birds of a feather. The fact you're in the presidential honors program is a plus. You look like you're making the most out of NYU with the clubs you have associated yourself with, so that is good as well. </p>

<p>To be completely honest, I feel as though your GPA might be on the lower-middle end of accepted applicants, but you seem to be concerned with this element of your application as well. I would say if you absolutely had to get out of NYU, to apply to a standard list of reaches, matches, and safeties. One piece of advice I can give you is to maybe take the ACT or retake the SAT. ( BTW, african and low income are definitely going to be factors in the application process, but don't just rely on this.) </p>

<p>Can you please chance me back? Thank you!</p>

<p>Your GPA is definitely in the ballpark, though your SAT is on the low end. (Fortunately, your SAT won't be weighted as much as a junior transfer. I wouldn't retake it.) As a hooked applicant, I'd say you're a competitive candidate, but your personal statement and recs have to be very strong. (Also, this is assuming that you've taken a full and rigorous courseload.) Good luck!</p>