I have applied to
- Brown, Cornell, Duke, GeorgiaTech, NYU, Rice, Vanderbilt (Regular Decision)
- UNC(Early Action)
I’ve been accepted to UNC.
SAT: 1540 (740 RW, 800M)
GPA: 3.47/4.00 UW (It’s been continuously increasing, started at 3.0)
SAT Subject Tests: Math 800, Physics 750, Chemistry 740
AP: Calculus BC 5, Microeconomics 5, Physics 1 4, Physics C 4, Statistics 4, Macroeconomics 4
Major: Earth/Environmental Sciences
- Internship (at a Graduate School with an oceanography professor)
- All-expenses paid research trip to Norway
- Earth Sciences Club (Founder & President)
- Environmental Campaigning Club (Founder & President)
- Ocean Sciences Club
- School Orchestra (Vice President)
- Silver Prize from an International Science Olympiad
- Silver Prize from a National Science Fair
- Grand Prize from a National Science Essay Contest
- National Representative for Science Meeting
- Earth Science First Class Honor
- Storytelling sessions for younger kids (4 years)
- I though they were better than average but I’m not sure. They were related to why I want to study Earth and Environmental Science.
- I’ve never seen them but they were written by my Earth Science teacher and a different teacher that I thought knew me well. I think maybe 8,9/10?
I know my GPA is REALLY low so I haven’t applied to any financial aid. I’m also aware that I have barely any chance at getting in to Ivies but my counselor recommended applying since some kind of miracle could happen lol.