What are my chances?

<p>Hey, could you guys tell me what my chances are? I'm applying to JHU ED, Georgetown, Princeton, MIT, Duke, Cornell, Darthmouth, and Univ. of Florida.</p>

<p>bengali female
SAT: 1470, 780 M/690V
SAT Math IIC: 730
SAT Chemistry: 750
SAT Writing: 750</p>

<p>Rank: 1/400
GPA: 3.98
Weighted GPA: 5.0
Taking most difficult course load, 7 AP's-senior schedule</p>

<p>Extracurriculars: </p>

<p>-Intel Science Fair (9-12)- awards at state (4th place)/regional (1st place)
-HIV Research Intern/Lab Assistant
-Univ. of Florida Research Center, Independent Study
-2 Law Firm internships
-Kerry campaigning
-American Lung Association of America- volunteer presenter, spread<br>
awareness of asthma and related illnesses in Belle-Glade rural areas </p>

<p>-Religious Youth Group- founder/president, created talent show, donate profit to red cross
-Tennis Varsity team(7 years)- captain, several awards (MVP), head coach for junior girls' team
-Cheerleading (9-12)- co-captain
-Dance Theatre Company (9,10)- 3rd place at regional competition
-Piano (14 years)- several awards at state level, talent shows
-Cello (12 years)
-Indian cultural dance (10 years)- national awards
-South Asian Fair(9-12)- fashion model </p>

<p>-National Honor Society (10-12)- treasurer/service project coordinator
-Spanish Honor Society (10-12)- VP
-Spanish Club (9-12)- VP/chairman of fundraising committee
-Foreign Language Fair (9-12)- 1st place (prose) all 4 years
-FBLA (9-12)- treasurer/webmaster, regional awards in public speaking/ business math
-Math team (9-12)- captain, regional awards
-Linguistic Team (9-12)- regional awards
-Key Club (9-11)- VP, organized UNICEF
-Beta Club (9-11)- created buddy program
-Interact Club (9,10)- Service Project Coordinator/ Historian
-Mudslide (9,10)- literary magazine event, pianist, 2nd place best musical performance
-AP Calculus/Physics private tutor, after-school tutor
-Habit for Humanity/St. Mary's Hospital/Red Cross Volunteer (9-12)
-400 hrs. community service, several comm. service awards</p>

<p>2 excellent recommendations, 2 great essays (according to my teachers)</p>

<p>I'm planning on majoring in political science/neuroscience. Please add any comments. Thanks =)</p>

<p>I don't know what your chances are, but if you submit all of the EC's, they are going to think you weren't committed to a single one of them. There is no way you were comitted and actively involved to all of those, when you apply try to put only your favorite and emphasize how much involvement you put into it, b/c if you attach a separate sheet or something like that with these EC's, if i was an adcom, i would think you didn't care about a single one. my 2 cents, good luck</p>

<p>well, i did take leadership positions in most of those activities and was involved in all of them for 3 or 4 years so wouldn't that show comittment.</p>

<p>yeah that would, i was just saying don't put all of them down, just put the most committed down, otherwise it will look like you were only able to give each one very little comittment instead of giving few tons of commitment, i believe i have seen a lot of places that say colleges don't like the quantity of EC's but the quality of them.</p>

<p>yeh i kno what you mean, i'll probably end up not putting a couple of the clubs at the end of my list in the application, thanx for the comment, any other suggestions/ criticism?</p>

<p>The only college I know a little about is Cornell, i would say you have a good chance ED, and a little worse than good chance RD, but I don't want to say yes or no, b/c i don't know, i am not an adcom, and it wouldn't be fair to say yes and get your hopes up, or to say no and put you down, the college that wants you is a college that you want to be at, there is no use going to MIT if you will fail out, that is why they have applications to separate the failers from the passers, so wherever you go, that college wants you and knows you can handle it, good luck</p>

<p>so i assume you're applying to cornell?</p>

<p>3.9% at all schools</p>

<p>thanx for the comment...anyone else?</p>