What are some good universities/colleges that...

<p>What are some good universities/colleges that offer courses and degrees and Pediatrics or Cardiology?</p>

<p>Some colleges say "Human ecology" or "Medicine" but I'm not sure if Pediatrics or Cardiology is included.</p>

<p>Those are medical specialties. You first get an MD, then do a residency. </p>

<p>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CC App</p>

<p>Oh I get it now, so does this mean that I first have to go to a college that offers an MD and then choose the specific career?</p>

<p>Are you an international?</p>

<p>In the US, first a person gets a bachelors degree in any subject, but completes the pre-med pre-reqs. He then takes the MCAT exam. If he has high stats, he may have success at getting accepted to a med school. After med school, the student specializes.</p>

<p>I searched online that a AMCAS exam was needed or something? This is all so confusing to me.</p>

<p>And by Med school that means applying to a diff school or just staying at the same one that offers the course?</p>

<p>And nope, I'm not an international student, I'm from USA.</p>

<p>Unless you are accepted into a bachelor's / MD program, you would take the pre-med courses alongside whatever your major is as an undergraduate, take the MCAT, and apply to medical schools (if your MCAT score and GPA are high enough to give a realistic chance of admission). If you are accepted, then you can study to an MD at the medical school, followed by residency.</p>

<p>AMCAS is not an exam. It's kind of a clearinghouse for most applicants and med schools for the application process. Instead of sending apps, transcripts, and LORs to each individual med school that you're applying to, it gets done thru AMCAS (I think...lol...hopefully someone else will clarify any mistakes here.)</p>

<p>So, go to a good undergrad, major in whatever you want, and take the pre-med pre-reqs.</p>

<p>Then, around the end of junior year, you'll take the MCAT exam. If you do well on the MCAT and you have a strong GPA, then during the summer between jr and sr year you apply to most med schools at various universities through AMCAS. Texas meds have their own Texas-style AMCAS which is called something else, I think. </p>

<p>If you get accepted to med school, you'll go for 4 years. </p>

<p>Then you'll apply for residency in a specialty.</p>