What are some of the best restaurants here?

<p>What are some of the best restaurants in Ithaca?</p>

<p>Boatyard. Run and owned by Hotel School grad. Beautiful setting, food, and service.</p>

<p>taste of thai, madelines, carriage house, ctb</p>

<p>depends on the situation. you aren't going to go to madeline's just for a casual lunch.</p>

<p>the heights.</p>

<p>when i visited my parents and i went to the noodle house in collegetown which was pretty good...a lot of the places seem kind of expensive.</p>

<p>Took D1 to The Heights for her 21st b-day. President Skorton and his wife were at the next table. It's very good but pricey.</p>

<p>Taste of Thai is very popular and very good.</p>

<p>The Boatyard is on the water and has great food.</p>

<p>Went to Noodle House w/ D and friends a month or so ago. It was very filling and tasty. It was also very informal. </p>

<p>John Thomas Steakhouse is suppose to be very good, although I have never eaten there. D has several times and said it was good, but not sure it was worth the NYC prices.</p>

<p>ctb mentioned above stands for Collegetown Bagels. Great for breakfast or lunch.</p>

<p>The Carriage House is great for breakfast or brunch.</p>

<p>John Thomas is the best hands down for a nicer meal.</p>

<p>My favorite is the Heights. Carriage House is awesome for breakfast/lunch/brunch. Statler for Sunday brunch -- and other meals also. Stella's is not bad.</p>

<p>And Boatyard. How could I forget the Boatyard!!!!!!</p>

<p>Asian Noodle House (for the best noodles in ithaca), Mama Teresa's Pizza (for greasy 2am pizza), Plum Tree (for the best sushi, try the 007 roll), The Nines (for deep dish), The Thai Cuisine (for sunday dim sum style thai brunch)</p>

<p>Giving Tree (aka ABC Cafe) brunch. Dewitt Mall brunch.</p>

<p>Sticky Rice is a little cambodian/laotian/SE asian restaurant located behind the Domino's near the Commons. It's unique and affordable food that I would advise trying at least once. </p>

<p>The Pines on Cayuga Lake have awesome burgers. The Antlers on Dryden Rd. has lobster for $16 or so on Thursdays and it's cheaper than John Thomas. </p>

<p>Coming from Florida, I didn't find Boatyard to be that great of a seafood restaurant. It's a little pricey for what I consider mediocre fish.</p>

<p>I don't get all the rave reviews about Plum Tree. The sushi is average and you're going to spend a fortune.</p>

<p>The Carriage House is pretty awesome, try the brie-stuffed French toast.</p>

<p>I wouldn't go to Stella's for food more than like once per semester, it's too expensive. Their happy hour is good though.</p>

<p>Everyone I know likes the Ale House down on the commons. It's standard American food (burgers, bar food, etc.) but it's always packed and reasonably priced.</p>

<p>CTB's food is overrated imo. Sangaria on their porch is awesome though.</p>

<p>Stella's is also really slow. Took like 2 hours for them to serve me and my parents when the restaurant was pretty much empty.</p>

<p>The food at Taste of Thai is great, but may family ended up in Cayuga Med Cntr emergency room after eating there during a visit. Coincidence????</p>

<p>
[quote]
Coincidence????

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Quite possibly????</p>

<p>Unlikely a coincidence. I've gotten food poisioning from Taste of Thai before</p>