What are some suitable schools for me and my field of interest?

<p>I'm a sophomore soon-to-be junior in HS and I've been struggling a bit this year with grades. My unweighted GPA is a 3.4 (two C's this year, one in an AP course and the other in Algebra II ='[ ) but weighted it's somewhere around a 3.7 or a 3.8, which I think is decent, but definitely not qualifiable for an elite school which I'm alright with. I plan on taking AP Language and Comp. along with dual-enrolling at a community college for some of my classes next year. I plan on joining clubs and extracurriculars once I can get a car, which I am hoping would be by the end of the summer. I have not taken the ACTs or SATs yet. </p>

<p>I've been wanting to study Linguistics (I really don't know what I'd do with a degree in that area, though), Psychology and/or possibly Media in college (I'm still a bit undecided) so I do want to get into a good school, and I'm not persuing for an Ivy League. I've been looking into UF and NYU but I'm not sure how much of a chance I have, and I understand UF is becoming harder and harder to get into. What would be some other choices for me?</p>